• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My GAP Crusader 7wzm

30cal user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2008
SE, LA
I have a really cool Dad who got gave me a GAP for my 29th birthday...he met George last year hunting and has been purchasing since! Then in October of '09 we all went hunting and George brought his 7wsm and I was admiring it the whole time....so that is the story with the rifle, which I'm sure you dont care about....

Specs:

Templar 2 SA
Manners T3 stock GAP camo
Bartlein #4 25" 1:8.7 w/ thruster MB
BO base
BO rings
BO M5
USO SN3 1.8-10 GAP lit ret. mil/mil

I guessing 12 lbs. total package

I got 2750 FPS ish w/ 180 bergers on the chrono yesterday and 3140 FPS w/ 160 TSX!

7WSM.jpg

My7WSM.jpg

Re: My GAP Crusader 7wzm

Laffin!!....I'm up to six GAP's now. Another 4 or 5 should do it!! That is a really great round..

You are gonna love the ballistics of that rifle with the 162's or 180's. Very nice rifle.

How do you like the 1.8-10? Been thinking about putting one on a 30/06 hunting rig I am getting built. I have a 3-17 USO but it is probably too big for a carry rig/hunting rifle.

Sweet rifle. I'm really thinking about building one in that caliber as well. The ballistics are just impressive.

Is that an identical copy sitting over in the corner of the picture?

I hate you! Just kidding! I've been pinching pennys trying to get enough saved up to get a similar stick built. Enjoy!!

That's an excellent rifle for ASC. George and Moon were shooting 7WSMs and that was the kit to have!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the 1.8-10? Been thinking about putting one on a 30/06 hunting rig I am getting built. I have a 3-17 USO but it is probably too big for a carry rig/hunting rifle. </div></div>

I have not hunted with it, but it seems pretty tough to see the rettcle below 3x

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is that an identical copy sitting over in the corner of the picture? </div></div>

Yes, he had to get one too!

If you can see it decent at 4x it is fine for my purposes....how do you like it at distance?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One Q, is it still called a Crusader even though the specs are not the same? </div></div>

If not, it should be!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can see it decent at 4x it is fine for my purposes....how do you like it at distance? </div></div>

just got it Sunday, so dont know yet, it looked crystal clear though!