• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My girl took 5th!

flounderv2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
So a few months back, my girlfriend started training to do figure competitions. Part way through they told her that due to her naturally slim build that they thought it would be better if she competed in the bikini category instead so she did.

Well this past sat was her first show and she managed to take 5th. For those of you that dont know, many of these girls compete for years and may or may not place, let alone in their first show ever. She put in a ton of hard work and Im really proud of her.

Anyway, here she is. She is the one on the left in the Green suit.

If you have something negative to say, please keep it to yourself as you have no idea the hard work that goes into something like this. I can respect your opinions of how you think a female should look but this is not the place to voice it if these types of events are not your thing.

2012-09-22_21-03-41_758_zpsab648083.jpg

2012-09-22_21-03-45_214_zps2a5178bd.jpg

2012-09-22_21-01-38_428_zps7db605e4.jpg

2012-09-22_21-02-40_672_zps0ea17d55.jpg

Re: My girl took 5th!

Outstanding job , a big congrats to her!!

Im glad to see those girls are in good shape , some of the bikin contestants ive seen dident even look like they worked out.

I'm all for anybody competing in anyhting that gets them involved , but i have to say i wish they would do somthing differant with the bikini girls poses , i dont know any of them that dont think its distastefull.

Does she plan on moving up to figure?

congratulation to your girlfriend, I have several friends that do body building competition locally and their girlfriends do the same, it is insane the amount of dieting, workout and maintenance they do.
well done.

Congrats to her. My friend and his wife do comps like this, crazy dedication. Tell her to keep up the hard work.

Congrats to your girl.

I'll voice my opinion. I dont feel it's negative at all, but to each thier own.

Anyone who actually sets a goal to compete and follows thru with it and steps on stage has accomplished alot just in that, regardless of if they actually place or not. I know first hand exactly what it takes to prep for a show. It dominates your life 24/7. It's not for the average person.

As for Bikini, I am not a fan at all. It is widely viewed as a joke in the fitness community. Just as are the "men's physique" guys or "Board short boys" as some call them along with other names. I know that SOME of the bikini girls do actually put in some hard work and im not trying to take away from them individually, but I've been backstage at shows and seen MANY bikini girls with obvious cellulite all over their ass and legs. This is shameful.

I hope your girl enjoyed achieving her goal. I hope she plans to stay in it and keep going. There is no reason she can't compete in Figure. I think in the long run she would find this more rewarding. There are a couple of IFBB pros that started off in Bikini and moved into Figure and went all the way to the top.

Tell her to stay at it and good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats to your girl.

I'll voice my opinion. I dont feel it's negative at all, but to each thier own.

Anyone who actually sets a goal to compete and follows thru with it and steps on stage has accomplished alot just in that, regardless of if they actually place or not. I know first hand exactly what it takes to prep for a show. It dominates your life 24/7. It's not for the average person.

As for Bikini, I am not a fan at all. <span style="font-weight: bold">It is widely viewed as a joke in the fitness community. Just as are the "men's physique" guys or "Board short boys" as some call them along with other names. I know that SOME of the bikini girls do actually put in some hard work and im not trying to take away from them individually, but I've been backstage at shows and seen MANY bikini girls with obvious cellulite all over their ass and legs. This is shameful. </span>

I hope your girl enjoyed achieving her goal. I hope she plans to stay in it and keep going. There is no reason she can't compete in Figure. I think in the long run she would find this more rewarding. There are a couple of IFBB pros that started off in Bikini and moved into Figure and went all the way to the top.

Tell her to stay at it and good job. </div></div>

Actually this is a bit of a dick comment. FYI. Bikini is the fastest growing category in case you were not aware. Additionally, Ive seen plenty of guys with fat guts and all sorts of shit that IMO should not be competing but are still up on stage. While they may not place, I give them credit for having the balls to try. Many of them have a story that you dont know anything about so kudo's to them for being proud of the accomplishments they have made. That does not mean the bikini class is a joke. No matter what the event is youre going to have people that are not as in shape as others.

The judges will decide how those individuals do in their class and that doesnt mean that the entire class is a joke as you so eloquently tried to put it. By your definition, they may as well eliminate the Masters categories all together.

Your getting way too ass hurt about what I said. I could negate everything you just said, but there is no point in taking away from the original intent of the thread and that's to show your girl's great accomplishment. As for the Masters, you couldn't be any more wrong.

Spend some time in this lifestyle before you get so defensive over comments that were not even directed at your girl. What I said above is a general opinion of many.

Happy lifting.

Nice job,

a well earned placing in a good starting field as it looks, do not get bent out of shape or lose is because some one has an idea of his own about the class/comp as it is,

thats is not relevant for the work put in by your girl, now is it.

Regardless, this field of competing girls were all fit and some were really well muscled for the class.

Do carry home a great "great job" to your girl from me and I asume the rest that are positive to here/yours achivement.

/CHris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your getting way too ass hurt about what I said. I could negate everything you just said, but there is no point in taking away from the original intent of the thread and that's to show your girl's great accomplishment. As for the Masters, you couldn't be any more wrong.

Spend some time in this lifestyle before you get so defensive over comments that were not even directed at your girl. What I said above is a general opinion of many.

Happy lifting.

</div></div>

Im actually not butt hurt at all. Before you comment, Ive been involved and around this lifestyle for a long time. Used to be 255lbs myself of pure fat and now sit at 190lbs with about 7% body fat.
Ive had many many friends whom competed in both tested and non tested events. I know what goes into it and my diet is almost identical even though I dont compete as I dont have the time nor the desire to be on stage. Ive watched friends train for events and Ive watched friends get addicted to the image and attention and do whatever it takes to win. Unfortunately, Ive had a friend die as well because he couldnt stop the image addiction and was using so much that he was causing multiple health complications. (i.e. Muscles were becoming necrotic and had to be removed, liver and pancreas shut down, and ultimately, he died of a heart attack)

My frustration was not about your "comment towards my girl" It was more so the way I interpreted it. Looking back, it just seems that youre a purest of the sport. "figure and body" and that there should be some pre-reqs before even being allowed on stage, I understand that but my experiences have been a bit different at least for those competing at a non-pro level.

No harm no foul. I can be a temperamental SOB so dont take it personally. I can agree with you that there are many contestants that I dont feel should be on stage but the fact is that if its not a national/pro event, you will have those individuals and the organization is not going to turn away the money for their participation. Im sure you can agree that these issues tend to work themselves out once they are competing at the pro level.

i think that guy on stage in the picture is kinda walking hunched over for some reason

Congratulations
I like my women with a little more meat on them, because if you pissed her off she would come at you like a spider monkey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no offense, nice ass, nice legs....but these bitches need ham sammiches!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAT!!!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Says the Wisconsin boy... you say that about any girl under 200.