• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My humble efforts with my Tac Ops

ace31

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2009
Va Beach, Va/Orange County, Ca
Gents,
not too long ago I acquired a Tactical Operations rifle at an amazing price thanks to 35WLN’s charity and kindness. I have not had the chance to take her out and put her through her paces until recently. It only had 48 rounds through the barrel when I received it and I have logged another 100 rounds of 175 grain Sierra Matchking from SOUTHWEST Ammo. I consider myself to be an experienced and proficient shooter but I have very little time behind a bolt gun (precision shooting) but I hope to change all that now.
<span style="color: #FF0000">I could not get pics to upload. PLEASE CLICK ON LINKS</span>

Here is the work of art that is now my rifle. Thanks again Adam, words can’t describe my appreciation…so I’ll keep you updated with pictures.
grin.gif

url]

Even though my groups don’t do justice to Mike R.’s original 3 shot group of .156 at 100 yards I am confident they are the beginning to a pursuit of perfection that will not be relinquished or abandoned but will be developed and shared for years to come.
Here are the results of my humble efforts and the knowledge others have been so kind to bestow upon me.

If anyone has some advice or info to share with me please feel free. Also, if anyone lives in Southern California and wants to hit the range sometime, needs a spotter, shooting buddy, etc please feel free to contact me.

All at a 100 yards

url]

Please disregards the 3 to the top left of the diamond as those were 5.56 rapid fire from another weapon.
url]
url]
url]
url]
url]
url]
url]

Re: My humble efforts with my Tac Ops

That is such a sweet rifle and you're a lucky dude! I'm sure that you will repeat the .156 group. It may take some load development, or, a few stabs using 168g FGGM as the gun was throated for that exact round. In the past I've ragged on the Tac Ops 3 round group pics and all but its just because I don't have one and I'm jealous.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for the kind words GOLDBEACHMAN. I'll start looking in to some 168gr FGGM and see if I can replicate that .156 group. If ever your in the area and would like to put some rounds through the rifle dont be shy to drop me a pm. Is there any good shooting up where your at?

Thanks again and have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Hey thanks for the invite! So far I'm making it down to LA about once every 40 years, but hey, its the thought!

All the shooting here is pretty rugged and improvised. But we've found spots for shooting from 100 to 1000 and beyond. You just have to like wind, alot!

url]

Good luck and you have a good Memorial Day too! Now time to get out there!