• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My humble introduction

macab0ne

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2014
central NY
Hello Sniper Hide,
I have been lurking around on this site for quite some time and finally decided to join and thought I should introduce my self. Name is Chris, and I am soaking up all he information on long range shooting I can find. Sniper Hide seems like it has a great wealth of knowledge among its member and friendly people who are more than happy to help each other.

Right now I am only shooting an old 10/22 I fixed up with a new barrel and stock. I know this is far from long range but at least I can work on my basic shooting fundamentals and get some shots down range. I am saving up to have a rifle built in the next year or two but till then I thought soaking up as much knowledge around here would be very beneficial.

With that said I would like to send a hello to everyone out there and apologize for any goofy questions I might have in the future.:D

-Chris

Chris,

Welcome. I am pretty new as well. A lot to learn from the knowledgeable folks on Hide. The 10/22 is the first long gun that many rifle enthusiasts still own. So you have made a great start.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I know the 10/22 is not the most ideal rifle to learn on but it is cheap to shoot and can help me learn proper form. It is also a bonus that the .22LR has almost 0 recoil and I can convince the wife to shoot with me. Haha I already warned her about me getting into this hobby, she seemed excited about it so I am Hoping I can get her to shoot with me even if she does not get as excited and into gear as I do.