• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My impressions of the Arken optics EP4 4-16X50

Dolomite_Supafly

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
E. TN
I generally do not do reviews. Mostly because I tend to be very critical of things that almost always end up being more negative than they really are. But with that being said I felt compelled to write about my recent Arken scope purchase. I was not given this scope, I bought it and paid full price for it. I had no contact with Arken before buying it and have zero loyalty to them or any other scope. I bought it to try and I am really glad I did.

So I recently bought a 4-16 power Arken with the 34mm tube. I have owned a few ~$500 scopes recently so I was expecting about the same as most, clear but not crisp optics, muted colors and mushy turrets. When it arrived it was late at night so I was unable to look through it but as I turned the turrets I realized this was not like any other $500 scope I have handled. The clicks are solid and have both tactile and audible indicators that would be hard to miss for anyone other than maybe Helen Keller.

It sat a few days but today I really got into it and without a doubt this is the most impressive scope I have used as of late. I thought my Athlon Ares BTR was a great value at ~$500 but the Arken is the deal of the century by comparison.

I looked through the Arken was was immediately surprised at the clarity but also the generous eye box. It amazed me how the nice the view was. The rest of the scope fades away and there is virtually zero black ring about the view. The edge to edge clarity can only be described using one word, amazing. The eye box is the most generous eye box I have ever seen in ANY scope other than a very low magnification scopes. I cannot say enough great things about the eye box and how the view goes all the way to the edge. It does not fish eye either at minimum to maximum magnification. The generous eye box and edge to edge clarity make using the scope in a hurry easy. The reticle itself is very usable, even at the lowest magnification you can still use it like a duplex reticle. At the highest magnification the lines are still small and crisp. The reticle is laid out perfectly with a tree on the bottom and a BDC above horizontal. THE BDC is spec'd for a 5'10 tall man and 19.5" wide shoulders out to 1,100 yards. And because the shoulder BDC uses a solid line you do not have to guess at distances between the 100 yard increments. Put the shoulder between the lines until the shoulders are touching then you are on.

Today was a very clear day so I decided to compare it to a few other scopes. I was looking at a mountain top with a tree line mixed with green and gray trees with a blue sky as the background.

First I compared it to the Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27. I set both at 12x and there is no comparison. The Athlon feels like a cheap BB gun Tasco by comparison. The Arken was amazingly clear compared to the Athlon. The colors were also popping in the Arken compared to the Athlon. The turrets are magnitudes better than the Athlon. I do like the zero stop of the Athlon better but other than that they Arken curb stomps the Athlon. My Athlon, if it doesn't sell, will end up on a 22 trainer.

Thinking it can't be that good I compared the Arken to my Steiner M7 4-28. I found it very hard to see a difference between the two. The Arken's clarity is comparable to the Steiner and the colors are just as vibrant. The hues are not the same, not sure which is more correct, but without a doubt both have vibrant colors compared to the Athlon. The eye box is better with the Arken at the same magnification than the Steiner. The Steiner's clicks are audible and tactile but not as much as the Arken. The only thing I am unsure about is the durability of the Arken. Without a doubt the Steiner is durable and I have not used the Arken enough to make a judgement.

And although I no longer have it I would say that the Arken is better than the Vortex Gen 2 Razor I had. I got rid of the Razor because it did not work well with my eyes. The colors seemed off and it didn't impress me with its clarity for a $2,000 scope. The turrets on the Vortex were definitely not as positive as the Arken and the eye box wasn't as good as the Arken from what I remember. I can remember always struggling to get behind the Vortex and with the Arken it seems easier.

At dusk is where the Arken really seemed to shine. I was spotting for a friend today as it got dark. I was behind the Steiner and once it go to a point I could no longer call the hits I put it away thinking I was done. But I decided to pull out the Arken and see how it looked. The target was easy to see compared to the Steiner and I could easily see hits on a white paper at 100 yards with the Arken after it had become impossible with the Steiner. BTW, the friend I was spotting for could not believe how nice it was for the price. He kept looking through it, shaking his head and speechless at the clarity but especially the view.

This weekend the Arken will be put on a 50 BMG to check its durability. And in the coming weeks it will be tested on a 300 PRC to check long distance tracking. I will try to get other shooters to put it on their hard hitting guns to try to break it. And if it does Arken will no doubt take care of it because their customer service is also amazing. I did not have a problem with the scope itself but with something a worker did. There was a minor blemish on the gray finish and a worker used a black sharpie to try to mask it. I would have never noticed the blemish if they had not used a black sharpie to mask it. It did not affect function but regardless Arken CS was all over it. Within 10 minutes I received a phone call and over the next 24 hours I received at least a dozen calls and texts as we worked to make it right. In the end they did everything right and resolved it far beyond what I was expecting. I was even given the personal number of the main Arken CS guy and told to call or text anytime.

I do have a couple of complaints though. The biggest one I have, and it is kind of a big one for me, is the magnification ring is stiff. Stiff enough that it will need a throw lever. Perhaps it will loosen up over time but as of right now it is stiffer than I would like. Not the end of the world as I generally do not dial up or down the magnification but for some it might be an issue. The other issue is it comes with those cheesy elastic scope covers that almost always end up in the junk drawer. I would prefer a set of decent covers like Butler Creeks or something actually usable. The covers that come with it are much higher quality than most but it would be better with decent flip up covers from the factory.

I am not sure what sort of voodoo magic, selling of the soul they had to do to get the planets to align the way they have but whatever they did they have an amazing scope. Clear optics, amazing turrets, seems to track perfectly and has a very useful reticle. Hard to imagine a better scope at any price.

I like the Arken enough that as long as it is durable and tracks well I will be selling my Steiner M7 and replacing it with a few more Arkens, they truly are amazing but especially so for the asking price.

I welcome ANY questions.

Wow. That's a glowing review! I will definitely keep it in mind for my next scope. I'm wanting to replace the Nikon M223 scope on my precision AR-15.

Thanks for the write-up! Well done, and I like that you compared it to multiple other scopes.

I generally do not do reviews. Mostly because I tend to be very critical of things that almost always end up being more negative than they really are. But with that being said I felt compelled to write about my recent Arken scope purchase. I was not given this scope, I bought it and paid full price for it. I had no contact with Arken before buying it and have zero loyalty to them or any other scope. I bought it to try and I am really glad I did.

So I recently bought a 4-16 power Arken with the 34mm tube. I have owned a few ~$500 scopes recently so I was expecting about the same as most, clear but not crisp optics, muted colors and mushy turrets. When it arrived it was late at night so I was unable to look through it but as I turned the turrets I realized this was not like any other $500 scope I have handled. The clicks are solid and have both tactile and audible indicators that would be hard to miss for anyone other than maybe Helen Keller.

It sat a few days but today I really got into it and without a doubt this is the most impressive scope I have used as of late. I thought my Athlon Ares BTR was a great value at ~$500 but the Arken is the deal of the century by comparison.

I looked through the Arken was was immediately surprised at the clarity but also the generous eye box. It amazed me how the nice the view was. The rest of the scope fades away and there is virtually zero black ring about the view. The edge to edge clarity can only be described using one word, amazing. The eye box is the most generous eye box I have ever seen in ANY scope other than a very low magnification scopes. I cannot say enough great things about the eye box and how the view goes all the way to the edge. It does not fish eye either at minimum to maximum magnification. The generous eye box and edge to edge clarity make using the scope in a hurry easy. The reticle itself is very usable, even at the lowest magnification you can still use it like a duplex reticle. At the highest magnification the lines are still small and crisp. The reticle is laid out perfectly with a tree on the bottom and a BDC above horizontal. THE BDC is spec'd for a 5'10 tall man and 19.5" wide shoulders out to 1,100 yards. And because the shoulder BDC uses a solid line you do not have to guess at distances between the 100 yard increments. Put the shoulder between the lines until the shoulders are touching then you are on.

Today was a very clear day so I decided to compare it to a few other scopes. I was looking at a mountain top with a tree line mixed with green and gray trees with a blue sky as the background.

First I compared it to the Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27. I set both at 12x and there is no comparison. The Athlon feels like a cheap BB gun Tasco by comparison. The Arken was amazingly clear compared to the Athlon. The colors were also popping in the Arken compared to the Athlon. The turrets are magnitudes better than the Athlon. I do like the zero stop of the Athlon better but other than that they Arken curb stomps the Athlon. My Athlon, if it doesn't sell, will end up on a 22 trainer.

Thinking it can't be that good I compared the Arken to my Steiner M7 4-28. I found it very hard to see a difference between the two. The Arken's clarity is comparable to the Steiner and the colors are just as vibrant. The hues are not the same, not sure which is more correct, but without a doubt both have vibrant colors compared to the Athlon. The eye box is better with the Arken at the same magnification than the Steiner. The Steiner's clicks are audible and tactile but not as much as the Arken. The only thing I am unsure about is the durability of the Arken. Without a doubt the Steiner is durable and I have not used the Arken enough to make a judgement.

And although I no longer have it I would say that the Arken is better than the Vortex Gen 2 Razor I had. I got rid of the Razor because it did not work well with my eyes. The colors seemed off and it didn't impress me with its clarity for a $2,000 scope. The turrets on the Vortex were definitely not as positive as the Arken and the eye box wasn't as good as the Arken from what I remember. I can remember always struggling to get behind the Vortex and with the Arken it seems easier.

At dusk is where the Arken really seemed to shine. I was spotting for a friend today as it got dark. I was behind the Steiner and once it go to a point I could no longer call the hits I put it away thinking I was done. But I decided to pull out the Arken and see how it looked. The target was easy to see compared to the Steiner and I could easily see hits on a white paper at 100 yards with the Arken after it had become impossible with the Steiner. BTW, the friend I was spotting for could not believe how nice it was for the price. He kept looking through it, shaking his head and speechless at the clarity but especially the view.

This weekend the Arken will be put on a 50 BMG to check its durability. And in the coming weeks it will be tested on a 300 PRC to check long distance tracking. I will try to get other shooters to put it on their hard hitting guns to try to break it. And if it does Arken will no doubt take care of it because their customer service is also amazing. I did not have a problem with the scope itself but with something a worker did. There was a minor blemish on the gray finish and a worker used a black sharpie to try to mask it. I would have never noticed the blemish if they had not used a black sharpie to mask it. It did not affect function but regardless Arken CS was all over it. Within 10 minutes I received a phone call and over the next 24 hours I received at least a dozen calls and texts as we worked to make it right. In the end they did everything right and resolved it far beyond what I was expecting. I was even given the personal number of the main Arken CS guy and told to call or text anytime.

I do have a couple of complaints though. The biggest one I have, and it is kind of a big one for me, is the magnification ring is stiff. Stiff enough that it will need a throw lever. Perhaps it will loosen up over time but as of right now it is stiffer than I would like. Not the end of the world as I generally do not dial up or down the magnification but for some it might be an issue. The other issue is it comes with those cheesy elastic scope covers that almost always end up in the junk drawer. I would prefer a set of decent covers like Butler Creeks or something actually usable. The covers that come with it are much higher quality than most but it would be better with decent flip up covers from the factory.

I am not sure what sort of voodoo magic, selling of the soul they had to do to get the planets to align the way they have but whatever they did they have an amazing scope. Clear optics, amazing turrets, seems to track perfectly and has a very useful reticle. Hard to imagine a better scope at any price.

I like the Arken enough that as long as it is durable and tracks well I will be selling my Steiner M7 and replacing it with a few more Arkens, they truly are amazing but especially so for the asking price.

I welcome ANY questions.

I have to disagree with 1 thing. My 4-16 is not better than my gen 2 razor. Its close but no dice.

I have to disagree with 1 thing. My 4-16 is not better than my gen 2 razor. Its close but no dice.

Turrets are definitely better. The glass itself could have been my eyes because everyone's eyes act different with different coatings. I struggled with the Razor while the Arken was easier to focus and use, for me at least.

One thing I really liked about the Arken versus the Razor was the weight. The Razor weighs a ton in comparison.

Does the clarity seem to change any at the highest magnification? I like my Athlon for what it is but at the highest mag the picture gets a little hazy.

The ARKEN seems to maintain its clarity and brightness at its highest magnification.

It is so easy to find the eye box, even at the highest magnification.
At 4x
9B2F30E8-443D-412F-9BC5-F36ECE3D20E3.jpeg

It reminds me of a red dot with how big the view is.

Here it is at 16x.
DB7371D9-E2BD-417B-979B-960BB6F18CBA.jpeg

It is blurry because this is with a phone. I was wanting to show how little of a black ring there is at the edge.

Those are not to show clarity but the eye box view.

Clarity is perfect from 4x to 16x. No edge distortion or blurriness.

I'm not surprised this scope's optical gets close (or surpass) Razor G2. Razor G2 has notoriously bad optical performance esp. the high mag one. I bought 2 Razor G2 over course of time but ended up returning both. It was really bad to my eyes. It won't stop you from hitting the target but it's not pleasing to use. However I would not expect this scope beats Cronus, Bushy XRS II set of scopes who use tier 1 Japan glass.

The way I see the recipe: Use tier 2 Japan ED glass, coating them at China's factory who also coats their aftermarket camera lens, mechanics/tube made by same provider of Athlon, leveraged Tangent's optical design, self designed reticle (had to add those weirdo ranging chevrons to avoid patent conflict), assembled it in second tier cities in China.

The biggest risk will be assembling and QC, so it is possible that some buyers have to do the return trick. But let's face it, many American people are poor due to uneven wealth distribution and bad spending habit, a good scope at this price helps lots of people to start/enjoy this sport. There is this "made in china" fact which is same debate for many other products, not countering that it is ideal to buy Made in USA.

Last edited:
In speaking with ARKEN they said they do not get any glass from LOW. They spec’d the glass and it came from another source.

It is hard to express how impressed I am with the glass clarity. But the most impressive part is how easy it is to get behind the scope.

It literally feels like I am looking through a red dot but with magnification.

Last edited:
Your review prompted me to call Arken to discuss meeting at SHOT. I spoke with Michael who appears to be a very driven, dynamic guy who wants to produce a quality affordable product. He comes off as more of a guy motivated to produce the proper optic rather than some of the guys, from other companies, that come off as bean counters lol.
I thank you for awakening me to this new brand and for your in depth review.

Your review prompted me to call Arken to discuss meeting at SHOT. I spoke with Michael who appears to be a very driven, dynamic guy who wants to produce a quality affordable product. He comes off as more of a guy motivated to produce the proper optic rather than some of the guys, from other companies, that come off as bean counters lol.
Id be interested in reading your shot recaps of this meeting. Along with all the others too of course

Reactions: SoVa

Mike is a great guy. I almost gave up and sent the scope back before I spoke to him.

Nice review. I recently concluded a review (not to the extent of your write up) and had very excellent first impressions. When looking down range, the scope offers a nice pleasant view. Unfortunately, when I mounted it up to shoot some groups is where my not so optimistic view points started to hit. No matter how long a played with the diopter, I couldn't get the parallax removed. I ended up setting the dial to infinity to remove MOST of the parallax, but never could get it all taken out. There was significant chromatic aberration. It was yellow/green around target edges -- this was exposed on an overcast day. Black target dots almost looked purple at 100 yards when the scope was near max power.

I'll give the benefit of doubt, maybe I got a bad sample to look at for review. But in my game, not being able to eliminate parallax is critical. I could care a less about chromatic aberration -- but this does speak a bit to lens indexing and quality.

Nice review. I recently concluded a review (not to the extent of your write up) and had very excellent first impressions. When looking down range, the scope offers a nice pleasant view. Unfortunately, when I mounted it up to shoot some groups is where my not so optimistic view points started to hit. No matter how long a played with the diopter, I couldn't get the parallax removed. I ended up setting the dial to infinity to remove MOST of the parallax, but never could get it all taken out. There was significant chromatic aberration. It was yellow/green around target edges -- this was exposed on an overcast day. Black target dots almost looked purple at 100 yards when the scope was near max power.

I'll give the benefit of doubt, maybe I got a bad sample to look at for review. But in my game, not being able to eliminate parallax is critical. I could care a less about chromatic aberration -- but this does speak a bit to lens indexing and quality.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, appreciate the truthful words, I will need to look hard once my 6-24 arrives.

I’d be curious to see the FOV numbers tested. Unless it’s a typo, the 31+’ FOV is the highest I’ve seen for a 4x scope short of an ACOG. The Steiner P4Xi and ZCO both have 28’, which is huge.

If the claimed FOV is accurate, it’s a shame this doesn’t have illumination as it would make a hell of a budget hunting optic.

I am partially color blind so I do not notice color shifts like most. I notice the saturation but the hues are off for me. I will say that the Athlon has sort of a muted color. The color was there but not as vibrant as the Arken.

In speaking with ARKEN they said they do not get all the glass from LOW. They spec’d the glass and some was made by LOW and some came from another source. They said because they used glass for two different manufacturers they were able to get a higher quality product than using just LOW glass.

It is hard to express how impressed I am with the glass clarity. But the most impressive part is how easy it is to get behind the scope.

It literally feels like I am looking through a red dot but with magnification.
To clarify a bit here, we do not source any of our glass from LOW.

Reactions: dirtdigger300
I'm not surprised this scope's optical gets close (or surpass) Razor G2. Razor G2 has notoriously bad optical performance esp. the high mag one. I bought 2 Razor G2 over course of time but ended up returning both. It was really bad to my eyes. It won't stop you from hitting the target but it's not pleasing to use. However I would not expect this scope beats Cronus, Bushy XRS II set of scopes who use tier 1 Japan glass.

Head scratcher of a post.

The way I see the recipe: Use tier 2 Japan ED glass, coating them at China's factory who also coats their aftermarket camera lens, mechanics/tube made by same provider of Athlon, leveraged Tangent's optical design, self designed reticle (had to add those weirdo ranging chevrons to avoid patent conflict), assembled it in second tier cities in China.

The biggest risk will be assembling and QC, so it is possible that some buyers have to do the return trick. But let's face it, many American people are poor due to uneven wealth distribution and bad spending habit, a good scope at this price helps lots of people to start/enjoy this sport. There is this "made in china" fact which is same debate for many other products, not countering that it is ideal to buy Made in USA.

Are you referring to the vortex Gen2 Razor? Surely not....

?????

I have a Gen II and the glass is comparable to my Kahles 624i, 525i, Cronus, Ares ETR, better than any NF I've ever looked through, etc.

It's a heavy ass pig with a unreasonably stiff mag ring, but the glass is real nice.

?????

I have a Gen II and the glass is comparable to my Kahles 624i, 525i, Cronus, Ares ETR, better than any NF I've ever looked through, etc.

It's a heavy ass pig with a unreasonably stiff mag ring, but the glass is real nice.
The ones I had were certainly not, unfortunately. If the glass is comparable to the ones you listed then yes it would be better than Arken. I bought one really early on and thought "WTF" then saw so many people love it, I bought another from a different vendor in couple months to eliminate individual scope issue and nothing changed.

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
I am between you two guys.

Not fan boy of any brand but my Razor gen 2 has nice optics, slightly after zp5 and then NF735. I bought 2 and kept one to free up some fund.

I did not hear razor is notoriously bad :)

The ones I had were certainly not, unfortunately. If the glass is comparable to the ones you listed then yes it would be better than Arken. I bought one really early on and thought "WTF" then saw so many people love it, I bought another from a different vendor in couple months to eliminate individual scope issue and nothing changed.

"Notoriously bad" is a pretty bold statement.

You're implying that nearly everyone agrees the Gen 2 Razor is optically bad and that it's well known to be the case (meaning most people would agree). Neither of those things are true.

I think it's important to note this discussion seems focused on "optically pleasing", not actual quantitative factors as tested by the traditional measurements. To that end I'll agree the Razor G2 isn't as optically pleasing to my eyes as some others. It is certainly better than it's main competitors when it was released, mainly the Bushy XRS/ERS G1 and Razor G1.

Of the scopes I've owned the G2 certainly isn't bad by any means as it's more pleasing than many scopes such as the Midas Tac, Ares BTR G1, XTR2, NXS and XRS/ERS G1's. Falling just slightly behind the Weaver 6-30 and M5x. Full disclousre, I find the S&B's (3-20 > 5-25), AMG, MK8, Swaro Z6 and ZCO all way more pleasing to my eye and to ultimately be my 'happy place', but I still use many of the scopes above listed on a semi-regular basis.

None of this is to say the G2 has any measurably better or worse glass quality in clarity/resolution/CA/etc than anything listed above, but simply how 'pleasing' it is to look through for me.

What I can’t wrap my head around with this Arken is how did they find the quality glass and components required to make a durable/functional optic for the price point they sell it at.

How did they find a manufacturer that no other brand before them tried? I guess what I am asking is how will these be any different in the long run than any other optic company who attempted to do the same thing before them?

Reactions: adluginb
I've been trying to get my brother and cousin into precision rifle and ordered one of these this afternoon for them to try out when we're all together over the holidays. I think a pepsi challenge against a couple of my schmidts would be interesting with completely inexperienced shooters.

I'm thinking they could each shoot 4 5 shot groups to see if the parallax adjustments mentioned above and overall reticle "crispy-ness" makes a difference to a new shooter.

I could also set up a tree line, find the hidden objects challenge and reset it a couple of times for them.

Probably set up some multiple target, multiple range target drills so that they have to adjust magnification to see how that goes.

Does anyone have ideas on scope eval drills?

Reactions: adluginb
I've been trying to get my brother and cousin into precision rifle and ordered one of these this afternoon for them to try out when we're all together over the holidays. I think a pepsi challenge against a couple of my schmidts would be interesting with completely inexperienced shooters.

I'm thinking they could each shoot 4 5 shot groups to see if the parallax adjustments mentioned above and overall reticle "crispy-ness" makes a difference to a new shooter.

I could also set up a tree line, find the hidden objects challenge and reset it a couple of times for them.

Probably set up some multiple target, multiple range target drills so that they have to adjust magnification to see how that goes.

Does anyone have ideas on scope eval drills?

Not really a drill, but the 1951 USAF optical resolution chart or any of the many printable camera resolution charts are always enlightening for side by side evals.

What I can’t wrap my head around with this Arken is how did they find the quality glass and components required to make a durable/functional optic for the price point they sell it at.

How did they find a manufacturer that no other brand before them tried? I guess what I am asking is how will these be any different in the long run than any other optic company who attempted to do the same thing before them?
China is good at copying and reverse engineering products. My guess is, they had a razor g2, or maybe a S&B pm11 etc., and took it apart and copied the mechanics. Glass clarity is just choosing quality batches from the pacific rim like every other manufacturer. All that, and I agree with Frank, these guys are taking a profit cut to get this scope out there for a fair price.

Last edited:
Reactions: clark33
To the Arken owners, I see a lot of comments comparing to upper end glass, such as the Razor G2 and such. My question is does this scope seem to surpass all scopes in the $1,000 range. Such as the Bushnell, Sig, and others on that level? I'm not talking about just glass quality, but features and functions as well. I'm asking to maybe persuade my future purchase. Thanks!

I took mine to the range yesterday. I let at least 10 people looked through it and messed with it. Every single person was impressed with how clear it was. It tracked well when zeroing it. Next weekend it will be going to a 600 yard range.

To the Arken owners, I see a lot of comments comparing to upper end glass, such as the Razor G2 and such. My question is does this scope seem to surpass all scopes in the $1,000 range. Such as the Bushnell, Sig, and others on that level? I'm not talking about just glass quality, but features and functions as well. I'm asking to maybe persuade my future purchase. Thanks!
It’s definitely brighter than the xtr2, Ares BTR and DMR2 I had. On par with the SHV F1 I had. Not as bright as my Weaver 6-30 tactical. Turrets feel better than any 10 mil turret scope I’ve owned, xtr2, DMR2, Ares BTR and weaver tactical. It could be easily at the top of the pac in the 1000$ scope range.

Reactions: Dolomite_Supafly
My only direct compans have been the ares etr and gen 2 razor. Worse than razor better than etr

There are no miracles, so they are either selling the same stuff as everyone else with lower profit margins or they are selling the same stuff as everyone else except with new cosmetics and with lower profit margins.

A couple of things they did that I like is that they are not attempting to go for the highest erector ratio, which helps keep cost down and quality up.

They also skipped on illumination.

The cosmetics are done nicely, it seems.

The manual was mostly written by an English speaker and there is a comparatively small number of silly things in there which is refreshing.

All in all, it looks like they did their homework in configuring the scopes. I think signing up every dealer under the sun is a mistake for a new brand, but time will tell.

ILya

Sounds like free market capitalism has made the consumer a big winner! I wonder what Athlon will do to compete?

Is there a difference is glass quality from the 4x14 vs the 4x16 model?
I noticed their website says the 4x14 has hd glass,the 4x16 says ed glass

Has anyone looked thru both? And is there a difference in image quality?

I had it at a shoot this past weekend. Everyone who looked through it was very impressed and then they could not believe it was under $600.

Reactions: randalloc
Thank you for your review. Will definitely check them out. Interested to see what kind of warranty they offer as well.

Is there a difference is glass quality from the 4x14 vs the 4x16 model?
I noticed their website says the 4x14 has hd glass,the 4x16 says ed glass

Has anyone looked thru both? And is there a difference in image quality?
The SH4 line scope is HD glass though very clear and sharp and the EP4 line is Japanese glass and as some have noted it is very bright crisp and clear with the 34mm tube helping too. Currently the reticles are different in the two lines, in time the SH4 reticle will be made an option for the EP4 line and down the road the reticle may get some tweaks based on customer feedback. So the answer is yes the EP4 glass is better.

Reactions: T. Bonilla
The SH4 line scope is HD glass though very clear and sharp and the EP4 line is Japanese glass and as some have noted it is very bright crisp and clear with the 34mm tube helping too. Currently the reticles are different in the two lines, in time the SH4 reticle will be made an option for the EP4 line and down the road the reticle may get some tweaks based on customer feedback. So the answer is yes the EP4 glass is better.
Thank you