• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Improved Labradar Sight

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
After seeing a thread in another subforum regarding 3d printed Labradar sights, I've refined the design for durability, minimal material use, and a slim approach to fit in the case which I'm told does not have a lot of extra room.

Here is my latest prototypes right off the printer, came out great. These are made from a strong, modified PETG, although I have also made some from polycarbonate (tougher yet), and our own blend of carbon fiber/nylon we get extruded which is very durable and has a damn cool look to it.

labradar sight.jpg

I'll give a handful away as testers, with the prerequisite you pay shipping and give me a timely report back on fit and function.

Reactions: McCrazy
Depending on the cost, I'd be interested in just buying one.

That will work better than the straw i have taped to the V groove.

Happy to test and I'll cover shipping. Have been looking to add something better than a straw to my radar. I'll send PM.

I was waiting to see who was going to make a better sighting system than my "Non California Compliant" drinking straw.
What are we looking at cost wise, Tyler ?

These will probably run $20 from nice material. I've got a new glass nylon I'm anxious to try that just showed up :D

Hey guys I'll be going through PMs soon, have a ton to look at! One tester has said it does essentially snap on and stay put, it's designed to get bolted on but apparently is a nice snug fit.

They're perfect. Gonna be mid-$20s from our custom Carbon Fiber material, which I believe you'll find not only extremely strong but aesthetically pleasing as well. Unless folks are familiar with printing, they usually have no idea how the parts are made from this material. $17.49 intro price, will make another post once I take some better pics, available here:

https://mkmachining.com/product/improved-labradar-sight/

IMG_8164.JPG

This is a final prototype I had sent to a member on here for testing. These will ship with the correct bolt style, rather than the hex head you see in this pic. Also, prototype picture is polycarbonate rather than the carbon fiber material, the carbon fiber stuff is a nice matte/satin finish and real slick looking.

Attachments

• IMG_8127.JPG
    IMG_8127.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 335
This is a final prototype I had sent to a member on here for testing. These will ship with the correct bolt style, rather than the hex head you see in this pic. Also, prototype picture is polycarbonate rather than the carbon fiber material, the carbon fiber stuff is a nice matte/satin finish and real slick looking.

Sweet! Does the whole unit still fit in the padded case with the 'sight' attached?

I wish I could answer if it fits, but I cannot. A customer delivered his Labradar to me in his own padded case that was not a Labradar one. Worst case you can pop it off in about ten seconds max.

Just ordered as well. Looking forward to having this as aiming accurately especially for elevation is very difficult with the built in slot.

Got mine in today and just one issue so far. My supplied fastener wouldn't reach the threaded insert in the LabRadar. I had to deepen the channel a little bit on the sight to allow the bolt to reach. It was super shallow. Hit it with a drill bit.. Not sure if it was just my sample of one with excess buildup of material. Easy fix nonetheless. Just giving you a heads up if this small issue is across the board.

IMG_0357.jpg

Had to do the exact same. The rest of the fit to the radar is perfect, looks like it belongs on the unit.
Nice.

Interesting, the m5x35 bolted into my "tester" labradar a customer dropped off. How much depth did you add to that counterbore? Will either add a longer bolt or make that deeper! I assume there is plenty of threads or space behind them.

I also had to counterbore by ~3mm for the tall/ arched non MK-LR sight using the longer m5x35 bolt. Also no biggie.
I'm eagerly awaiting the MK version. It looks to be superior with the improved material and the reduced height/ relief.

The counterbore on my sight is now approximately 0.17”. Originally it was about 0.08” which didn’t allow the bolt to reach.

The sight is neat, let’s discuss the base in this picture.

They're perfect. Gonna be mid-$20s from our custom Carbon Fiber material, which I believe you'll find not only extremely strong but aesthetically pleasing as well. Unless folks are familiar with printing, they usually have no idea how the parts are made from this material. $17.49 intro price, will make another post once I take some better pics, available here:

https://mkmachining.com/product/improved-labradar-sight/

View attachment 6959400

How do we get the $17.49 intro price? It is showing as $30 with shipping in the cart.

How do we get the $17.49 intro price? It is showing as $30 with shipping in the cart.
The sight was marked at the intro price on Monday. I'm sure the intro period is over at this point since he's sold a bunch and more need to be printed. Per the item description there's a week turnaround now.

Last edited:
Got mine in today and just one issue so far. My supplied fastener wouldn't reach the threaded insert in the LabRadar. I had to deepen the channel a little bit on the sight to allow the bolt to reach. It was super shallow. Hit it with a drill bit.. Not sure if it was just my sample of one with excess buildup of material. Easy fix nonetheless. Just giving you a heads up if this small issue is across the board.

View attachment 6961243

I had to do the same thing.

I'll make the counterbore deeper. Sounds like the labradar I was using for a tester is the odd man out!

As far as intro price, had it there for a few days and got into quite a few orders. To prevent backorders piling up I set it to normal price. Will do some Black Friday sales!

Couldn't wait for the Black Friday sale @Tyler Kemp ... Just placed my order. Will the products from here on out have the counterbore deeper?

We've been sending a 5mm longer bolt ever since the first batch. The bolt heads sits just a hair proud, but it leaves the sight much beefier in that counterbore region so it was preferable for me.

Got mine fitted up but had to drill through the original hole a bit more so the supplied bolt would fit, it looks alright now and will try it out this weekend. I wasn't going to send it back from Australia for a new bolt.

Tyler - excellent idea for a product. PM inbound to you shortly about it since I just acquired a new LabRadar and am interested in getting one. Keep up the great work, man!