• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Indian .303 - RFI/ G.R.I No1MK3* SMLE FTR 1970

S12A

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Australia
Not snipery, but this is my .303 I thought I would share.

It is an Indian G.R.I marked reciever and action that was FTR'd and marked RFI 1970 at that time,
Oddly it has Australian wood, made by Slazenger (a sporting goods maker, tennis rackets etc) .

Bore is excellent, was a very low round count when i got it 5 years ago and it shoots great.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender(7).jpg

FullSizeRender[1] (2).jpg

IMG_2604.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 34
Did you buy it with those sights or put em on yourself? Also, what generally shoots better No 1 Mk 3 vs No 4 Mk 1?

The sight in the last photo is a "Central" sight, made in Australia, I put that sight on for some competitive shooting but generally dont use it now.

As far as accuracy differences between the No4 Mk1 and the SMLE , i'm really not sure to be honest.

Not snipery, but this is my .303 I thought I would share.

It is an Indian G.R.I marked reciever and action that was FTR'd and marked RFI 1970 at that time,
Oddly it has Australian wood, made by Slazenger (a sporting goods maker, tennis rackets etc) .

Bore is excellent, was a very low round count when i got it 5 years ago and it shoots great.

View attachment 7360474

View attachment 7360476

View attachment 7360477

View attachment 7360478

View attachment 7360479
if you get a chance ; read book brittish snipers to the reich

No
1 mk 3 has its rear site forward of bolt bolt; the no 4 mk 1 has rear site just behind bolt handle; slight different barrel twist; both shot the mk 7 cordite bullet 174 grain fmj traviling rpughly 2430 fps; no 1 mk 3 was guareented average hits out to 300 yards; the no 4 is to be 600 yards; sone ww2 snipers shot no 4 out to 1300 yards

Where did you find the bayonet? I have bayonets for all my military rifles except the Enfield
Did you happen to see that bayonet I have as a question in Military Jeopardy? It appears to be a very early Lee Metford, Enfield type blade, but can't seem to match up the handguard/quillon.

Reactions: S12A
Where did you find the bayonet? I have bayonets for all my military rifles except the Enfield
I found mine on a Militaria website here in Australia , there’s some on EBay and other places , I think they are easy enough to find