• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My inflation experiences

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
So for the last few years my bi-weekly trip to buy groceries (for 2) used to run $175-$250, I'm frugal, but there are items I do buy that cost more, just because they're better.
Just got home with a normal haul...
$365. WTF?? And the more gas costs, it seems to burn faster! My wife pointed out I had received a $1.25/hr raise, hell I didn't even realise, they hit me for over $600 a paycheck in withholding now, if I work any overtime, it's not worth it bumping me up into the next tax bracket...

• Angry
Reactions: deersniper
The only thing i track is gas because on November 4th or so when it appeared the steal was set I looked at the pump and it was $2.05 or so.

$3.09 now.

Reactions: Nik H
Inflation on track to be 8.5 percent this year. And might hit double digits if things stay like they did in August.

Thats Jimmy Carter shit right there.

Every dollar you have saved… is now worth 91.5 cents. Remember that big pay raise you got under Trump? You just took an 8.5 percent pay cut this year.

Joe Biden did that.

Sirhr

That's just the beginning. Wait until their new and predictable tax increases kick in, as they continue to drag the economy down with new taxes and social spending. But the strategy helps democrats and the entitlement classes, buying more votes along the way. It's actually a brilliant strategy that they've been using for over 100 years.

Reactions: samadisoulcrusher
The average American getting screwed by the political class is predictable . A Dem in the white house pretty much
means the average persons cost of living will out pace their income growth .
I expected gas to go up a buck or more . The day Biden killed the pipe line . With that one move . He signaled
the continuation of Obama's war on cheap energy .
Gas prices are a easy way to explain inflation to people . You pay more per gallon , But you don't get more miles per gallon
out of your car . You spent more money and gained no increased benefit .
Biden wants to spend trillions more and when they print that money and the economy doesn't grow .
I can't wait to see the media spin on the upward spiral of inflation .

The average American getting screwed by the political class is predictable . A Dem in the white house pretty much
means the average persons cost of living will out pace their income growth .
I expected gas to go up a buck or more . The day Biden killed the pipe line . With that one move . He signaled
the continuation of Obama's war on cheap energy .
Gas prices are a easy way to explain inflation to people . You pay more per gallon , But you don't get more miles per gallon
out of your car . You spent more money and gained no increased benefit .
Biden wants to spend trillions more and when they print that money and the economy doesn't grow .
I can't wait to see the media spin on the upward spiral of inflation .
What seems insane is that people will complain about it, including my sister recently, but continue to vote for these brain-dead democrats.

They are now trying to pass tax increases to pay for their $6T in helicopter money for their friends and family.
Increases for individuals and corporations, which just trickle down to all products anyway. Gas price increases leads to price increases as do corporate tax increases. Inflation will accelerate.

Gas is $3.53 per gallon here(WY), the refinery in town now only makes bio diesel. We have to get gasoline from either Denver or Casper. Groceries are considerably higher now, pretty much everything is more expensive and wages haven't gone up. I paid $10 for a 2lb package of chicken breasts and ground beef is $8 per lb. Where I live is becoming unaffordable unless wages go up significantly, which they haven't and probably won't. Property values have doubled in 8 years, which means property taxes have gone up, and people keep voting for more tax increases of all sorts.

• Sad
Reactions: NoDopes
They are now trying to pass tax increases to pay for their $6T in helicopter money for their friends and family.
Increases for individuals and corporations, which just trickle down to all products anyway. Gas price increases leads to price increases as do corporate tax increases. Inflation will accelerate.
Evidently a LOT more of us voted for him without even knowing. Now that they finally perfected the method to swing an election will we ever see sanity again???

So it appears the current trend is about a 50% increase, and only getting worse...

Gas in northern Wyoming is up$1.30 since the election. Groceries are definitely up. I buy a whole beef every 12-14 months. That’s been the best hedge I’ve found on rising food costs. Plus the quality is far better than anything you will find in a store

What kinda farm animal bitches that the feed trough is a little light, while their legs are being amputated against their will?

So for the last few years my bi-weekly trip to buy groceries (for 2) used to run $175-$250, I'm frugal, but there are items I do buy that cost more, just because they're better.
Just got home with a normal haul...
$365. WTF?? And the more gas costs, it seems to burn faster! My wife pointed out I had received a $1.25/hr raise, hell I didn't even realise, they hit me for over $600 a paycheck in withholding now, if I work any overtime, it's not worth it bumping me up into the next tax bracket...
This is what “winning” feels like under Biden.

Gas is $3.53 per gallon here(WY), the refinery in town now only makes bio diesel. We have to get gasoline from either Denver or Casper. Groceries are considerably higher now, pretty much everything is more expensive and wages haven't gone up. I paid $10 for a 2lb package of chicken breasts and ground beef is $8 per lb. Where I live is becoming unaffordable unless wages go up significantly, which they haven't and probably won't. Property values have doubled in 8 years, which means property taxes have gone up, and people keep voting for more tax increases of all sorts.
And people look at me like in crazy when I shoot 5 deer every year ( max tag limit).

Kinda easy to see why when you are looking at meat cost like those

Gas in northern Wyoming is up$1.30 since the election. Groceries are definitely up. I buy a whole beef every 12-14 months. That’s been the best hedge I’ve found on rising food costs. Plus the quality is far better than anything you will find in a store
How much do you pay for that?

I paid 3.90 a pound. That’s cut, wrapped and delivered to my doorstep. Beats the hell out of overpriced burger and steaks.

Reactions: samadisoulcrusher
Need new washer and dryer. Wow - used to buy used cars for that price. Yes, used cars are higher now too!