• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My KRG Bravo weight and bipod solution

TRPrecision

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2018
    GA
    Decided to give the Bravo a try and new right away weight was going to be added. Looked at alot of options and chose to machine my own forend t-slot weight with an integral spigot mount for the bipod. Used a 1.5" by .5" bar of 1045 steel and went to town on the mill. Added 1.3# and saved $125 on a spigot mount. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Still need to Cerakote or blue the part. I'll post more on this rifle as it progresses, just getting started with the build.
    IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg

Looks very functional.
    I have 2 questions.
    1) Could you do that in aluminum?

2) Do you only want added weight on the front? Seems to me with barrel and action installed, it’s going to be very nose heavy.

Aluminum would be a piece of cake, much faster to machine, would loose the weight advantage. That particular weight was just the solution for the front of the rifle. There is going to be 3 steel 3/8" length of pull spacers added at the back at .65# each as well as various fill weight where needed inside the hollow areas to achieve proper balance point.

Last edited:
    Where were you last week? This would be a big seller, nice work OP.
    Was not planning on selling these. I have a 100% manual mill, no CNC here. Way too many hours cranking handles on a manual machine to justify selling them at any fair price lol.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tritiumdials
    But what if I want one in aluminum, right now? 🤣🤣🤣

But what if I want one in aluminum, right now? 🤣🤣🤣
    I would be happy to make an aluminum one, but it pretty much defeats the purpose as a weight. If you just wanted it for the spigot, the OE KRG spigot would be a better choice imho.:whistle:

Looks good. Might think about selling those on the side if you have the inclination. I'm sure it'd turn into more accessories eventually.

Now the trick is to make a spigot so it extends the arca rail vs putting it on a different plane. Closer to the bore is cool and all, but being able to slide accessories back without taking them off is a lot cooler.
    ARC offers both types for the Xylo. More companies need that.

Reactions: StrayDog
    Now the trick is to make a spigot so it extends the arca rail vs putting it on a different plane. Closer to the bore is cool and all, but being able to slide accessories back without taking them off is a lot cooler.
    That would actually be pretty easy to do, just need to start off with a bigger piece of bar stock and do a lot more milling. it was originally my plan to do it that way, but chose being closer to the bore since all my other chassis are set up that way.

Forgot to add.
    It should work with the aluminum arca forend and it should be for sale so I can buy one.

I have the aluminum arca rail forend. It's heavier than the polymer for end and it puts the arc around a little closer to the bore.

I would probably need to have that forend in my hands to guarantee that the rails would line up on the same plane. Would not be comfortable machining it blind and hoping our measurements lined up.:LOL:

I need to clarify that I am not here as a vendor promoting parts or services. I am not selling these chassis weights and any being made are for personal use only. This thread is to provide information or ideas to other "home builders"

I just made one for mine that does this out of bronze. It has a 419 rail though. I have also made internal forearm weights from brass and bronze.

Attachments

• 20210215_205441.jpg
      20210215_205441.jpg
      282.6 KB · Views: 56
    • 20210216_182934.jpg
      20210216_182934.jpg
      250.8 KB · Views: 55
    • 20210216_182922.jpg
      20210216_182922.jpg
      246.7 KB · Views: 63
    • 20210224_213505.jpg
      20210224_213505.jpg