• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My LAR/RRA 15 Hybrid (pics)

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Utah, north
    www.coldboremiracle.com
    A couple years back I had a gun go down in the middle of one of the best PD towns I've ever seen, to top it off I was about 800 miles from home. It was a sad day, destroyed the upper on my RRA 24in varminter.
    Well after about a year of thinking about what to do, I pulled the trigger on a LAR Grizzly OPS-4 precision operator upper in 20 inch. I had the barrel threaded and got to work. The gun <span style="font-weight: bold"> loves </span> the 75 grain Amax, and the mag length 75 Hp's are showing some promise as well. I've been able to put 5 Amax's into .4 moa groups when I'm on my game.
    Well, I decided to do a little coating to make things look different, I like contrast in a rifles finish. Next step is getting me a handful of 20 rnd Pmags.

DSCF5677.jpg

DSCF5673.jpg

DSCF5675.jpg

DSCF5681.jpg

DSCF5678.jpg

DSCF5679.jpg

DSCF5680.jpg

To those looking into a side charging Ar, I cant recommend them enough. Good quality and prices and good people. Cant wait till their .308 platform comes out
    wink.gif

Re: My LAR/RRA 15 Hybrid (pics)

Nice rifle.

Whats the knurled knob on the back of the upper where a charging handle would be on a standard upper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle.

Whats the knurled knob on the back of the upper where a charging handle would be on a standard upper? </div></div>

It's basically a plug to keep dust and things out, when the rifle is split it also keeps the bolt carrier from coming out till the knurled knob is removed.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVOCzNhFDls"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVOCzNhFDls" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That's very nice. Kinda did the same thing with my RRA after I had some issues with the upper. Now its a shooting machine.