• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My latest M4 Build.

jkofee

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
S&W MP15, Adams Arms Piston Kit, ARMS SIR rails, ARMS 40LP rear sight, GGG front folding sight, MAGPUL MIAD pistol grip, Tangodown foregrip, VLTOR buttstock, Aimpoint ML3, ARMS Aimpoint mount, OPS Inc. suppressor, MAGPUL PMag, Badger Ordnance charging handle.

What do you guys think? I think it's money well spent. =) I bought a Kimber to go along with it. What the heck? Why not? =P

Kimber 1911 Desert Warrior, Hogue grips, Brownells extended magazine well, Insight M6 tac-light, Wilson Combat single stack .45 mags.

Re: My latest M4 Build.

Thanks guys, i'm actually thinkin about getting an 11.5" barrel. This 16" barrel with the suppressor makes it front heavy like a mofo...

You could get the Magpul UBR and it will balance out better, but the VLTOR stock is very nice..what does your gun weigh now?

honkey, the only reason i got the hogue grips is because the front grip on the handgaurd is smooth instead of checkered. i didn't like the smooth grip.

powder burns, the i couldn't find a UBR for a decent price anywhere. most of the places i've looked were charging a grip load of money. =T and as for weight, i'm not too sure... i don't have a scale, but it weighs as much as a combat loaded M4/203 with sights and PEQ. there's barely any recoil on the rifle due to the weight.

erron, the piston kit is nice. it has an adjustable dial. i run it with a suppressor so it does get dirtier than usual. but without the suppressor all i have to do is do a quick wipe down. very little carbon with the kit.

Everything looks nice. I like your desert tan theme.

With a little extra time on your hands and looking at web sites like this, I bet it's only a matter of time before you decide to spray the rest of it in camo/coyote brown or whatever is your preference so everything matches.

A Nomex cover of some type for the suppressor wouldn't be a bad idea. You can make your own or buy one. Not sure what's best for you or if you rank that as a high need.

the EMOD from Vltor might be an option too if you don't dig how the weapon balances.

Nice stuff
laugh.gif

I would get the vertical grip further forward on the M4 and get some rail covers. Will give you more support options. Ditch the can until you need it.

trailmudder, the piston kit is awesome! there is barely any recoil if that...

Gorge Drifter, what's the average price for one of those nomex suppressor covers?

wild_man, i tried rail covers on the rail, but it doesn't look right, i mean, you can't really grab it with the ARMS SIR rail. i don't really like moving the grip forward because i get my control shooting with it closer.

THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK GUYS!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Kimber 1911 Desert Warrior, Hogue grips, Brownells extended magazine well, Insight M6 tac-light, Wilson Combat single stack .45 mags.</div></div>

Love this one - I've wanted a Desert Warrior for some time now. I've almost traded my HK USP Custom Combat for one on several occasions - wish I had at this point as the Warrior series is probably my favorite Kimber line of pistols and I was dumb enough to get my USP in .40 instead of 9mm.

Plus I do love the FDE.