• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My little .22 Night Rifle (Painting Suggestions)

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I'd like some suggestions on painting. Anything but solid black.

I settled on a monocular for my first NV and the compromise works well enough on the Basic.

It'll get another piece of rail up front next weekend so I can split up the rings but this setup is very rigid. Once I get the rail extended, I'll add some Leupold Quick Release and I'll be able to move it around if needed.

It's an awesome little .22. Great pest medicine.

BBNV006.jpg

BBNV003.jpg

BBNV001.jpg

BBNV004.jpg

Paul

Re: My little .22 Night Rifle (Painting Suggestions)

Izhmash basic biathlons are great little rifles . We have an egg shoot every year at a local range and those guys shooting their Izhmash's just clean up . If I had a few extra bucks I would buy one (you know , for the kids :D). Silly accurate .

As far as camoflage goes I like this one best and its outlined in the Snipers Hide Filedcraft section . If need be I can go look at all the colors of Krylon required but it absolutely looks the best and blends in the best out of all the rifles I have camo'd .

7454DSC07628.JPG

7454DSC07632.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Izhmash basic biathlons are great little rifles . We have an egg shoot every year at a local range and those guys shooting their Izhmash's just clean up . If I had a few extra bucks I would buy one (you know , for the kids :D). Silly accurate .</div></div>

Yeah, they're great guns. I hear they're really up in price. I got mine a good while back before they were "known" for slightly over $200. Wish I would've bought 2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as camoflage goes I like this one best and its outlined in the Snipers Hide Filedcraft section . If need be I can go look at all the colors of Krylon required but it absolutely looks the best and blends in the best out of all the rifles I have camo'd .

7454DSC07628.JPG

7454DSC07632.JPG
</div></div>

Is that the pattern that uses the leaves, twigs, etc. as a type of template?

Paul

Here's my BB...I used the "twigs from local brush technique" for my template. Base coat was tan, I believe. My AO is central / west texas, so this does the job for me.

IMG_0334.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my BB...I used the "twigs from local brush technique" for my template. Base coat was tan, I believe. My AO is central / west texas, so this does the job for me.

IMG_0334.jpg
</div></div>

Oh most AWESOME!!!!! The only thing I need to search for now is color combos.

Is your BB in the factory stock?

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is your BB in the factory stock?</div></div>

Thank you for the compliment...I love my little BB, but the squirrels hate it!

Yes, she's sitting in the factory birch stock. I don't have the fancy Sobol one like you. They didn't have many of those available back when I purchased mine in 2005. The only change I've made is bedding it.

Best,
Max