• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My M-4 is FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

Recon Sniper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
San Antonio, TX
dscn0341.jpg

Re: My M-4 is FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

resize the pic! I can't get a good view

AR-15 you mean (unless I'm not seeing the "select fire")? Just kidding... Looks good congrats.

I know its WAY too big of a pic but I am a computer retard and had a hard enough time getting this up.... I have more pictures on the picture forum under the same title. Check it out and tell me what you think..

A KX3 on a 16" barrel???? BTW please switch the pic to the resized one.

What's the big lever on the bolt catch? I haven't seen one before.

its just a larger paddel so you have a better chance of hitting the bolt catch on the first smack... Kind of a speed thing for re-loads

DSC00055.jpg

Nice AR.....here is a pic of mine. Also, put a Bager tactical charging handle on it. It sticks out pretty good for quick reloads and keeps me from busting my knuckles.

Also, my new H&K USPc .45....

ya im curious as to why you have a KX3 on a 16" barrel?

Those are used to keep the pressure up in SBR's

I have it on a longer barrel b/c of the recoil direction... It causes the gun to push straight back into your sholder with no rise. It also acts as a sound break.. We attatched them to our rigs in Iraq for the same reason. I know they are made for the shorter elevator guns but they also bring some improvements to longer ones.

I run a kx3 on my sbr n it works well but still rather loud n shoots rather lard flame hense the pig graphic most likely the reason it doesn't rise is the sheer weight of the kx3 they r very heavy only reason I got one is it tucks nicely under my rail system but the def make a balanced rifle a front heavy anchor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killnu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a kx3 on my sbr n it works well but still rather loud n shoots rather lard flame hense the pig graphic most likely the reason it doesn't rise is the sheer weight of the kx3 they r very heavy only reason I got one is it tucks nicely under my rail system but the def make a balanced rifle a front heavy anchor </div></div>

Damn son, you should use some grammar and punctuation on that monster sentence!

The flame and sound signature changes with the longer barrel. Your right it does shoot out a big flame with the elevator guns, but I found that with the longer barrels the effect of the Krink is much different. I have used both in Iraq and belive you me, its a great add on for any AR at any length. Also rumor has it that ATF is going to get a little more strict about tips that can have the same affect...... sooooo send the 200 to 250 while you still can.

Ohhhh guys i almost forgot, The superior arms lower that I have on this piece is a unique one. It is one of the only lowers that allows you to adjust the trigger settings. All you have to do is get a flathead and mess with the screw inside the grip.

haha, sorry to rain on your parade, but that's not that unique. Lots of lowers have that. I have 3 on my counter right now with that screw, staring back at me as I type this.

Can you please edit that pic in the first post. You have a smaller one to work with than that monster.

nice rig. paint it. love the acog but hate foreward pistol grips(maybe im just old) especially if it aint a burp gun. if it was a burp id dump the acog. paint it. like the larger bolt catch/release paddle, where from? i have a badger charging handle on one of mine but mixed review on it cuz it sorta protrudes too much to be handy and although its lasted a few shooting trips now dont think its the most rugged piece of kit. could prolly snap off with abuse. had same problem with a single point sling adaptor thingy plate...sticks out too far hooks on things. not good in hurry or brushy environ. what muzzle device is that? hard to see. id get a vortex. of all the ones ive tried its the truest to hide flash at night. bunch of pennies ther i think, thanx for the post

Wow looking forward to seeing it. As soon as my (broadband) connection finishes downloading that fucking billboard you posted.

J/K, very nice, and huge.

Recon....What ACOG you on there? Any problems with paralax? I've been out the past few weekends with mine and have one hell of a time getting it to zero in?

Any thoughts or opinions you have will be appreciated. Also, what yardage do you zero in at?

Nice rig! I've got an acog on mine and I had no problem zeroing it. My advice is to calm down and hold still. Just kidding! I zero at 100 for the bc reticle to work good with my loads.

haha...calming down could be my problem. Actually, I've been seeing a more than usual amout of paralax. It might just be a mental thing, but It's bothers me when trying to get on target.

Doorkicker....I think you got me confused with ReconSniper. He has the KX3.

I'm just having the paralax problem.

Oh, sorry...I must of read it wrong...it was late and I was stuck working the desk....boo..haha
Yes, my ACOG has a 1" relief.