• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns My M&P .40 Stippled grip

DeadPool

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Florida
www.addaxtactical.com
I know you guys have seen a million of em and it's nothing new but I thought I'd share anyways. I got my M&P .40 a couple of years ago for when I went through the police academy, and I decided to stipple the grip myself. It went well, I like how it feels and it has much improved grip especially when my hands get a lil damp.

Just a few pics for you guys. One of them is from when I had the Crimson Trace grips on it, but I sold the grips.

MnPH2.jpg

MnPCT2.jpg

100_3406.jpg

100_3402.jpg

100_3407.jpg

Re: My M&P .40 Stippled grip

That's a pretty cool stippling job. I've messed with it some, but haven't gotten to serious with it yet. Can't bring myself to start melting my Glock, so for now I'm just looking and wishing!

Thanks guys.

I just used a soldering iron. I ground down the "spade" shaped tip and made it very thin.

I was pretty damn nervous when I started to melt my gun, but it came out good.

The interchangeable back strap was pretty easy to do, but the actual frame itself was kinda hard to melt.

that is looking good. i did something similar myself.

liontribe

StormcrowMiniII.jpg

Good job!

Here is one I just did over the weekend. The pistol is Cerakote finished and the backstrap inserts were also coated. When you coat the grip and especially the backstrap it hardens it up and improves the grip even more.

480_MP_Pro_40_RCT_Mod_3.jpg

479_MP_Pro_40_RCT_Mod_4.jpg

redcreek,

what kind of trigger is that? Don't think i've seen that before.

Thats the new APEX Forward Set trigger and sear.

A word of caution, it was nowhere close to being a drop in. Pistol wouldnt funtion and trigger bar/sear engagement wasnt even close. I emailed them to find out what the deal was, but no response, yet...

After fitting its a very significant improvement. Makes it as close to a 1911 trigger as you can get.

-Ernie