• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Mauser build

nzgrip

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Ok, so i've started to build my mauser based rifle.

Here's what i have so far.......

Brazilian M1908 action (Orbendorf factory, so basically a Mauser 98)

Boyd Feather Weight Thumbhole stock

Versa-Pod prone position bi-pod

I had the bolt handle cut off and a new one made and fitted, then i made a new knob for it at work.

The action is at the gunsmiths having a one piece scope rail fitted. He's sweating and bolting on a steel blank rail, then he'll machine it on the action.

Still to come is a Krieger barrel in 25-06, a Night Force scope, and suppressor.

DSC_4649.jpg

DSC_4650.jpg

DSC_4653.jpg

Re: My Mauser build

off to a bangin start. should be a very solid rig.

performing parts collection for a 7x57 on a czech mauser for my wife for african plains game.

Getting frustrated, 3 months and he still hasn't done the scope rail or fitted the barrel. Might need to find a younger gunsmith for my next project. I want my toy
frown.gif

nice man, i'm thinking of doin that to a k98 i have sitting in my safe. definately keep hte thread updated

Well got a chance to get to the smiths the other day, the barrel is done but still waiting for the scope rail to be done.

4 months and counting, wonder if i'm gonna get my xmas present??

Hoping i get it before i go back to work on the 10th of Jan, so i can paint and bed it. Not to mention SHOOT IT!

Finally got a call from the gunsmith today, its ready to pick up. Now all i have to do is get a chance to get there and pick it up, damn work always getting in the way.

I have mixed feelings on cutting up old guns - but fine if it is nothing special/collectable or if the barrel is shot out!

It's always frustrating waiting on a project, but I'm sure the end result will be worth it.

Looking forward to seeing the end result and the range report.

They are FUN rifles and CHEAP to build up for the most part.

Here are some pics of my Mauser 98 Large Ring Build into a .308 HEAVY barrel. She does VERY good at range as well.

If you need help finding anything, let me know... I have some notes laying around on where I found parts.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

P1201407.jpg

P1201408.jpg

NICE set-up! Love how your rifle turned out.

Muasers are fun to build, they can creep up in price though. Post pics when you get time. I have my Turk in the same pepper stock but the Monte Carlo one.

Got it back from the gunsmith on thursday. Now i just need to finish modifying the stock, paint it, bed it and shoot it.

DSCF0309.jpg

Looks interesting , what suppressor are you looking at ?

The only Mauser type actions I have are all Modern Parker Hale versions , as I hate the thumb cutout on the left hand side , also they are square topped & have some special features .

I have just sent a Fibreglass A2 stock up for my gunsmith to fit to one of my PHs .

Later Chris

Thought it might have been , from Gunworks , Hardy or Zigliani , ie the main 3 .

Cheers Chris