• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Meredith Rifle Experience!!

Adrenalinerush

Ballistic Artist
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Henderson TN
I recently had the chance to attend a long range class that was to be taught by Darrel Buell of Team USA. Now this wasnt a FTR specific class although there were a ton of them there but all were welcome. So I had a tactical rifle being built in 308 and I decided I would just take it. I got my rifle from a well known maker (who shall remain nameless ) about 4 weeks before the class plenty of time to work a load up and test since I have a 1000 yard range in my backyard. The only problem the rifle wouldnt shoot. I'm talking 2" groups at 100 yards bad. Now the maker would have taken another look at it and fixed it if they saw anything wrong with it bc of there 1/2" guarantee. But would put me back in line til others were built. I received no test target but this company like I said was well known but it didn't help me at the time. So I had already met Tooter Meredith and shot his rifles but this particular rifle was already in the works. I called Tooter to ask him what he thought and he said bring it to him and he will take a look. So I did and upon inspection nothing seemed out of ordinary but the gun wouldnt shoot Black Hills or FGMM. So now the class is two weeks away and I have no rifle. Tooter tells me to not worry. He couldn't jump ahead of customers but would work on my rifle after hours. I was shocked. He located me a new barrel, chambered it, and had it ready to go in less than a week. Leaving me one week left to find load data which I used Erik Cortinas method of loading for 1000yards at 100 yards and crossed my fingers hoping to find a good node. The gun shot beautifully at 100yard easily keeping under 3/8" moa on all my test loads and i settled on a sub 1/4" moa load for the class. Well the class was this past weekend and it poured down rain both days but I still managed to shoot decent. I am so thankful there are people in this world as good as Tooter Meredith. He didnt have to do what he did but he did it anyway. I love my rifle and will never own anything but Meredith Rifles. Here are a few pics of my rifle and my best group from the class. I shot off a atlas and a squeeze bag.
qeguta6a.jpg
amy5utyb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is outstanding in so many ways. Awesome shooting and Tooter Meredith did you one hell of a solid in the barrel work!

I have Tooter Special in .308. Half to .25 moa is the norm. The thing is, I enjoy working up a load for a new rifle, but this boomdinger limes a standard load of R15 and 155g bullets.

No fun at all.

I have not owned a Meredith rifle, but I have heard nothing but good stuff from the people that do. Good shooting!