• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My most accurate rifle (Pics)

komifornian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
Had A great day shooting today -

Rifle:
Remington 40X action(repeater). I'm going to add a Badger Ordnance M5 Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine and a kampfield custom Tac.knob
Remington 40X trigger set at 1.5 pounds
26" Hart Barrel 1-8.5 twist
McMillan stock
Nightforce NXS 8x32 Mil Dot
NightForce Titanium rings and bases

2libn6r.jpg

200 meters off a bench

168bfyp.jpg

vyv76o.jpg

Re: My most accurate rifle

Performs as it looks! Very nice! And 140 a-max rules!

Looks great, and performs even better. Who did your paint? What smith put it together?

Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone!
It's been a fun project, however it’s still not done yet, there’s just a few things left to do. I'm sure when I’m done with this one I’ll start on the next, probably something like this: http://www.surgeonrifles.com/products/ri...;product_id=235
It's a disease!

My wife always says "why do you need so many rifles?" My immediate response is always the same. It's not a question of "need" honey, it's a question of "want" I WANT them I don't NEED them, it's sort of like your shoe problem....

There's Hornady, and then there's Hornady. You also might want to try Hornady.

Was that good shooting you did with factory loads or hand loads?

That 6.5 Creedmoor sure is a forgiving sort.

What did you paint it with? Looks very nice. Great job.

Thanks, to be honest this is one of my better groups but I can usually shoot .5 MOA.

I did the paint job with an air brush "model flats" then sprayed the entire stock with a clear flat epoxy for durability. Actually it's not that hard, it just takes a fair amount of time to do it right.

Re: My most accurate rifle (Pics)

Great looking rifle. I love the 6.5 CM. Its probably the hottest thing out in my opinion.

Karl does great work at Kampfeld, he is the milling machine master!!!

Mark

Re: My most accurate rifle (Pics)

Fantastic shooting and nice rig!