• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My My How Expensive These Have Gotten!

Rookie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2004
D/FW
Rumor has it the CMP is about out of Unertls. This one is in great shape but $5,500 and climbing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115-182024_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115-182024_Brave.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 343
So educate me, why are they better than a 4K ZCO or Theta

Reactions: MCHOG
Cuz if u run out of ammo… u can take it off your rifle… beat someone to death with it and then put it back on and it’ll hold zero😂

Just nostalgia… m40A1 and a3
They will never go down in price. I’m not saying it’s an investment item, but unless you destroy it there will only be appreciation in value.

They also end the Mil/MOA argument since they use both and smell like crayons.
I feel complete in my knowledge now.

I paid $2500 just a few years ago. Finally had the rifle built by GAP, zeroed the Unertl. The BDC turret was spot on to 800 yards! So simple even a Marine could do it. And many did for a long time. Cutting edge tech in the 60s. Iconic look. Preserved history. Here's mine:
20220608_112136.jpg

Interesting how inflation is the "Double Edged Sword". It makes your stuff so valuable that no one can afford to buy it.
View attachment 8273498
The price of an Unertl is more to do with rarity plus desire plus disposable income than inflation.

I’ve played with the real ones enough, I have a USO MST-100 that I paid far less for. That and I know what we did to them and wanted one that hadn’t been beaten like a red headed stepchild.

That's nothing. Original price was just under 1500 off the showroom floor.

I paid $2500 just a few years ago. Finally had the rifle built by GAP, zeroed the Unertl. The BDC turret was spot on to 800 yards! So simple even a Marine could do it. And many did for a long time. Cutting edge tech in the 60s. Iconic look. Preserved history. Here's mine:
View attachment 8273467
Nice rifle, but a wet dream in the 1960's.
That is 1980's thru 1990's tech right there.

Interesting how inflation is the "Double Edged Sword". It makes your stuff so valuable that no one can afford to buy it.
View attachment 8273498
I’m seeing a lot of stagnant ads and significant price drops across many sectors right now. Now that money is getting tighter for people they are looking for deals, and willing to wait.

I peruse 40 different sale forums almost everyday. A lot of sale forums have been extremely overpriced over the last two years. Now you can see see things sitting for long periods, and not moving until there are significant price drops. Usually down to 75% or less of new price.

However, this won’t apply to real collectibles because that has never been the realm of broke people.

I had a 57 and way under valued it. I had 35 miles on after 3 years of restoration and the car was completely rebuilt by me. Lady talking on the phone totaled it. They valued it at $26,000 several years ago car.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Final auction price on the Unertl was $7,801. It was in excellent condition so I'm sure that's part of it but with fewer of these coming to market who knows.

So educate me, why are they better than a 4K ZCO or Theta
Because some people will pay any amount of money to fulfill their larping fantasies.

You know those nerds in new York that put on homemade armor and swords and beat the shit out of each other in the park while pretending they can shoot fireballs out of their fingertips?

Same shit, just with guns.

Last edited:
Because some people will pay any amount of money to fulfill their larping fantasies.

You know those nerds in new York that put on homemade armor and swords and beat the shit out of each other in the park while pretending they can shoot fireballs put of their fingertips?

Same shit, just with guns.

Or play sniper board games and need to know if their dice roll against an RPK is going to take off life points…

Sirhr

Or play sniper board games and need to know if their dice roll against an RPK is going to take off life points…

Sirhr

Lol, new guy. “From usa”. Uh huh.

Hookers and blow are probably dropping in price save the collectible stuff,

Govt is subsidizing blow and cutting it with fentanyl while the falling economy is removing people from the legitimate work force and in desperation putting them in the ho workforce.

Adam Smith is not at work here. You govt is.

Hookers and blow are probably dropping in price save the collectible stuff,

Govt is subsidizing blow and cutting it with fentanyl while the falling economy is removing people from the legitimate work force and in desperation putting them in the ho workforce.

Adam Smith is not at work here. You govt is.

The Keynesian economics of hookers and blow theory is not only valid, it is happening before your very eyes!

Sirhr

Reactions: lash
I had a 57 and way under valued it. I had 35 miles on after 3 years of restoration and the car was completely rebuilt by me. Lady talking on the phone totaled it. They valued it at $26,000 several years ago car.
Beautiful car! When I was a teenager, my older brother had a stunning black 57 rag just like that. The thieves floor jacked a 24’ boat and a suburban out of the way to get at it. This would have been around 1993.

Does the collectible stuff have bush? Asking for a friend.
Collectible stuff is the higher end market

See the news of two weeks ago regarding the ring caught working police, military, government circles that will be memoryholed before one John is ever named.

Likely they will toss @Bigfatcock to the prosecutors and call it good as far as naming names go.

• Haha
Reactions: BJames and lash
Collectible stuff is the higher end market

See the news of two weeks ago regarding the ring caught working police, military, government circles that will be memoryholed before one John is ever named.

Likely they will toss @Bigfatcock to the prosecutors and call it good as far as naming names go.
My hoes come from the skreets. My frugal manner has saved me! Jokes on them!

Au contrair mon ami.

They used to advertise them at under 1k on TV ads all the time back in the early 70's.
Here's one for 700'ish brit pounds.....not going to bother converting that because....well....I B a lazy fuck.

6472.png