• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My name is TheHorta, and I have a problem...

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    Please tell me there's a 10-Step program for this affliction...

Actually, this isn't entirely in jest. I appear to have a minor problem spending a wildly disproportionate percentage of my discretionary (and, admittedly, not so discretionary) income on guns, gun stuff, training, night vision, thermal, and related accouterments. The KungFlu quarantine has exacerbated what was already an issue of intervention-worthy proportions. Without resorting to exaggeration or hyperbole (to which I'm naturally prone), I've conservatively spent well-north of $100K on such toys in the past three months ($25K of which was a new, decked-out 2020 Polaris Ranger, which sits in my barn with grand total of around 15 hours of use in the last 90 days). Most years, I'll spend 300+ days overseas. I've been home more in 2020 than I have in the last 3-4 years combined, which has exposed my soft underbelly that is extremely vulnerable to good deals on Pew Toys.

I've jumped, not waded, into all things KAC (SR-25, 2x SR-15's, WP PVS-30), SCAR-20, Agency Glocks, new day optics from SB, NF and a couple of new G3 1-10x Razors, crazy NV and thermal stuff (like, seriously crazy), even silly things like 20Km .MIL LRFs (which I have absolutely zero use for, but it was a great eBay deal), and a bunch of ancillary stuff like high-end Crye plate carriers and multiples of the Hesco plate deals from Kota, plus armorer kits, a boatload of cleaning kits and related supplies, suppressors (3x Ultra 9's, 2x KAC QDC, 2x Dominus SR, and 6x Form-1's), a bunch of MAWLs, and the dizzying array of Pew goes on and on. Hell, I just bought the last two Raptars in the Group Buy forum yesterday at $3K/each (which *was* a smokin' deal, but...)!

The "last straw" that led me to hopefully seek-out a 10-Step program from my fellow afflictee's was that I have this stuff cluttering virtually every room in my house and elsewhere. I'm tripping over the stuff. My wife rolls her eyes with more frequency than before and is even beginning to make comments (she's always rolled with whatever I wanted to do). The latest "straw" was yesterday, when I was cleaning out the drawers in one of my desks. I stumbled upon a DRS CS6000 thermal weapon scope I'd purchased back in *2016* that I never removed from the box. Along with the scope I found a new Elcan SpecterDR 1/4x, a USO LR17, a CNVD / PVS-24, and an Atilla-200 -- all of which I'd forgotten I even owned. They've been packed away for the last 3-5 years out-of-sight, unused. All good deals when I originally bought them, figuring I'd "get around to it" at some future time.

I started picking stuff up around the house and wanted to tuck it away into a small room upstairs, but that room is packed to the ceiling with more stuff I've acquired over the last 7-8 years. I've bought boxes MRE's, thousands in medical supplies (got my EMT-B a few years ago, "just because"), Marine IBLEs, Crye outfits that are still in the plastic wrap (seriously, like $5K in Crye clothes), I found an all-factory Krebs AK and a Saiga AK and 12ga that I forgot about, some BCM stuff, a .338 Savage with PMII 5-25 that I haven't shot in 5 years, and the list goes on (and on, and on..).

I shoot some, I train some, I have my own 200m range with IPSC plates, etc, but I stick with a handful of things to use and the rest just sits idly by collecting dust. Yet, I still peruse Armslist every day and get a metric ton of emails from all the well-known Purveyors of Pew on the planet, which I fall prey to with alarming consistency.

Am I the only one? Is this a unique problem? Or is everyone here just like me, in one form or another, and has a genetic legacy of "You can never have enough" when it comes to Pew Toys?

Seriously, I am shocked at the crap I've accumulated. I hoard like I should have my own Redneck reality TV show, and I rarely sell or trade anything I buy (I have serious separation anxiety issues). I can count on one hand the number of things I've sold or traded in the last 5 years, and have fingers left over.

Please... send help. :oops:

Please tell me there's a 10-Step program for this affliction...

Actually, this isn't entirely in jest. I appear to have a minor problem spending a wildly disproportionate percentage of my discretionary (and, admittedly, not so discretionary) income on guns, gun stuff, training, night vision, thermal, and related accouterments. The KungFlu quarantine has exacerbated what was already an issue of intervention-worthy proportions. Without resorting to exaggeration or hyperbole (to which I'm naturally prone), I've conservatively spent well-north of $100K on such toys in the past three months ($25K of which was a new, decked-out 2020 Polaris Ranger, which sits in my barn with grand total of around 15 hours of use in the last 90 days). Most years, I'll spend 300+ days overseas. I've been home more in 2020 than I have in the last 3-4 years combined, which has exposed my soft underbelly that is extremely vulnerable to good deals on Pew Toys.

I've jumped, not waded, into all things KAC (SR-25, 2x SR-15's, WP PVS-30), SCAR-20, Agency Glocks, new day optics from SB, NF and a couple of new G3 1-10x Razors, crazy NV and thermal stuff (like, seriously crazy), even silly things like 20Km .MIL LRFs (which I have absolutely zero use for, but it was a great eBay deal), and a bunch of ancillary stuff like high-end Crye plate carriers and multiples of the Hesco plate deals from Kota, plus armorer kits, a boatload of cleaning kits and related supplies, suppressors (3x Ultra 9's, 2x KAC QDC, 2x Dominus SR, and 6x Form-1's), a bunch of MAWLs, and the dizzying array of Pew goes on and on. Hell, I just bought the last two Raptars in the Group Buy forum yesterday at $3K/each (which *was* a smokin' deal, but...)!

The "last straw" that led me to hopefully seek-out a 10-Step program from my fellow afflictee's was that I have this stuff cluttering virtually every room in my house and elsewhere. I'm tripping over the stuff. My wife rolls her eyes with more frequency than before and is even beginning to make comments (she's always rolled with whatever I wanted to do). The latest "straw" was yesterday, when I was cleaning out the drawers in one of my desks. I stumbled upon a DRS CS6000 thermal weapon scope I'd purchased back in *2016* that I never removed from the box. Along with the scope I found a new Elcan SpecterDR 1/4x, a USO LR17, a CNVD / PVS-24, and an Atilla-200 -- all of which I'd forgotten I even owned. They've been packed away for the last 3-5 years out-of-sight, unused. All good deals when I originally bought them, figuring I'd "get around to it" at some future time.

I started picking stuff up around the house and wanted to tuck it away into a small room upstairs, but that room is packed to the ceiling with more stuff I've acquired over the last 7-8 years. I've bought boxes MRE's, thousands in medical supplies (got my EMT-B a few years ago, "just because"), Marine IBLEs, Crye outfits that are still in the plastic wrap (seriously, like $5K in Crye clothes), I found an all-factory Krebs AK and a Saiga AK and 12ga that I forgot about, some BCM stuff, a .338 Savage with PMII 5-25 that I haven't shot in 5 years, and the list goes on (and on, and on..).

I shoot some, I train some, I have my own 200m range with IPSC plates, etc, but I stick with a handful of things to use and the rest just sits idly by collecting dust. Yet, I still peruse Armslist every day and get a metric ton of emails from all the well-known Purveyors of Pew on the planet, which I fall prey to with alarming consistency.

Am I the only one? Is this a unique problem? Or is everyone here just like me, in one form or another, and has a genetic legacy of "You can never have enough" when it comes to Pew Toys?

Seriously, I am shocked at the crap I've accumulated. I hoard like I should have my own Redneck reality TV show, and I rarely sell or trade anything I buy (I have serious separation anxiety issues). I can count on one hand the number of things I've sold or traded in the last 5 years, and have fingers left over.

Please... send help. :oops:
    100k 😳 daaaaaaammmmnnn. Eh I cant say much, just dropped 1800 on headphones, earphones, and a damn good amp, now eyeballing a .338 😂

Reactions: TheHorta
    The first step in fixing a problem is admitting that you have a problem .
    As I recall addicts are prompted to avoid people , place and things . Let's start with the th8ngs . I'll PM you my address and am willing to help by taking those things which afflict you .
    In all seriousness it is my true hope that you haven't hurt yourself financially .

This is fucking sad. Sort of cool but sad. Get some close friends and share this shit. Go have fun with it.

2022 Edit:
    This comment was ignorant when I wrote it.
    That being said, he seems like a smart ass like me and has thick skin.
    He’s been very helpful to a lot of people sharing his experience with all the cool toys.

Last edited:
    Cool story bro.

OS-Fundraising-ChocolateChipTop_whitespace.png

I love cookies, even virtual ones. Thanks bro.

Luckily for you I read this. I am in need of a plate carrier and while this will not significantly change your situation if is s very good and solid first step.

😀👍

Always here to help!

Best of luck equipping your own personal army.

Side note: The new nation of Chaz may be in the market for a large scale purchase.

That’s true. I am woefully under-stocked on tin foil. The local Sovereign Citizens have bought it all up and they ain’t sharin’.

OK, you asked. Enabling...

Well... I know PSA makes fine stuff, but I'm a bit of a snob. Just picked up an SR-25 ACC and have an ECC en route to my FFL next week. I have both a LaRue OBR and POF piston .308 as well. They're all sub-MOA, and I think I might as one of the SR-25's to marry me. I definitely have wood for KAC, as a new convert.

Haven't had the chance to shoot my new SCAR-20 yet, but I hear that she's a sweet shooter.

Are the servers at Facebook down? Where the fuck did this attention whore come from? Six years here, hardly a peep, two days and has been blowing the board up.

So lets get down to the nitty-gritty here Barbi... What the fuck are you selling?

Pergium, bro. Pergium.

It's the future. Get in on the ground floor now.