• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New 200 Yard Paper Target

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
I got to tinkering today and decided that to continue to spend money on A-21 200 yard full size and replacement center targets, I could just make my own here at home with my copier using the standard 8.5 x 11" paper. Also, trying to see hits in the black on the A-21 & A-21c is a challenge from 200 yards through the scope.

I gave this new target I made the required sizes for the (X Ring 2", 10 Ring 4", and 9 Ring 8"). For the X Ring I just used an orange magic marker so that I could see the bullet holes (if I get any rounds in there), and all in all I think this target will work out just fine for 200 yard Bench & Prone shooting.

When you think about it? Once we have zeroed for 200 yards, how many of us who practice 200 yard shooting stray out of the 8" 9 Ring? Sure the occassion flyer will happen, but usually we're all pretty much in the 9 Ring plus area with our shots 99% of the time. Can't wait to field test this target once the weather permits.
smile.gif

Here's a look at the target;
CT200Y-200YardTarget002-1.jpg

Re: My New 200 Yard Paper Target

Looks good, let us know how it works out. I need to get out more with my .22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, let us know how it works out. I need to get out more with my .22 </div></div>

Thank you, and I will. I have this coming Wednesday off so I plan on testing the target then. Since posting this picture I have since added a black 1/8th inch thick by 1" aiming cross (+) in the middle of the X Ring. Thought this might give a better point of aim.

Thanks. I ran 30 targets without the crosshair and 30 with it. Here's an opportunity for a good test at the range seeing which target gives a better view through the scope when aiming. Though I'm sure we'd all agree it will be the one with the crosshair.
smile.gif

Here's another target for the 200 yard 5" Round Disc and 5 x 7" gong we shoot in the monthly SH Comps. I even threw in a 2-11/16" x 4-3/4" - 250 yard soda can.
smile.gif

001-2.jpg

Bullet holes show up great in these 2" orange (which looks yellow to me) center on the target. It's a whole lot easier seeing your hit on white & orange/yellow over the black center targets. I like 'em!
smile.gif