• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new 280 Remington

ScoutRS2

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Oregon
Been on here for a little while but this is my first post. Thought I would share my new build. It took a bit to get it, but was worth the wait. A buddy and I had two of these made by Darrell Holland. It turned out way better than I imagined. We worked out a pretty accurate load with 168 vld Bergers. It will out shoot me everyday. Sorry the pictures aren't that great, not very good with the wife's camera.

Remington 700 long action.
24" Rock Creek Barrel, M24 contour + Holland quick discharge brake.
McMillan A5 stock, RAD camo pattern and KMW LoggerHead adjustable cheek piece.
Jewell trigger.
Holland tactical bolt handle.
Holland bubble level.
Near 30 moa double recoil lug base with a low alpha mount.
Nightforce 3.5x15x50 NPR1, HS ZS.
CeraKote finish by Ron Downs at STS arms.

IMG_2213-1.jpg

IMG_2212-1.jpg

IMG_2215-1.jpg

Re: My new 280 Remington

That's a NICE rig. I'm a huge fan of .280 and .280AI. You should be proud of that one........ especially with as cheap as he is!
Enjoy.

Man, I have wanted a .280 for a while now. Let us know how she shoots!

Sweet build. I shoot 280 for NRA Long Range. Try the 175 SMKs. They are easy to get shooting for me have shot just as well as the 180gr Hybrids and are a lot cheaper.

280 Rem is an awesome chambering! Mine rocks with 162 AMAXES over 7828ssc.

Thanks for all the compliments. I have only got to shoot out to 600 yards. It did well and gave me a 2 1/4" group. (this was only a 3 round group) We tried the amax's but couldn't get them to work. If anyone has a good 162 amax's load, we have a partial box left to work with.

Start at 56 or so grains of 7828ssc and work up. I stopped at 58 but my accuracy was at 57-57.5 grains.

What are ur 600 yd come ups? I shoot a 280 ai for my match gun. It shoots geat but I the ai sucks for a match gun as much brass as I lose. I would like to hear the difference. My load is 56 gr of rl 17 and a 162 for about 3050 Let me know how ur research goes

Im running 53 grains of H4350 at about 2845 fps. My 600 yard dope is 11.75. Im really interested in the 162's. I hear their accurate and alot cheaper then bergers.

She's a pretty sweet rifle and I can attest to the accuracy. Almost no recoil from what I recall. Here's another pic of it and one of Darren driving it:

9-19-2011050.jpg

9-19-2011056.jpg

We were doing some 600 yard shooting that day. It was HOT but good times...

Sweet rifle and an excellent all around caliber...easy on the shoulder and the wallet and yet hard on anything it hits. Perfection :)

It is hollands oversized lug. It was a hot day adam. We should go tomorrow when it freezing to make up for it.
smile.gif