• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new 6 br

sl78928

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2008
Marion, NC, United States
Just had this rifle built recently and worked with the smith on it to learn how to build as the project went along. I have been testing some loads with it today and it seems to shoot pretty good. These were all 3 shot groups though. Two 3 shot groups in a row with each load starting top with the top left target which was the first rounds out of the gun today:

(All groups shot at 100 yd off bipod and rear bag)

Top row of groups from left to right: 80g berger 31g varget, 80g berger 32 varget, 105 vld berger 29.5 varget

Bottom row of groups from left to right: 105 vld berger 31 varget, 108 berger 30.5 varget, 108 berger 31.3 varget

10f521i.jpg

9tk1vd.jpg

Re: My new 6 br

Wow.....very nice shooting....I wish I could get my .308 to shoot like that. Looks like 80gr bergers with 32 gr varget works the best. Try shooting 5 shot groups to see if you can keep the groups that small. ;-)

You'll be happy with combination of round, action and barrel for a long time.

Is that a MAster Class stock?

looks great!!

The more varget I feed my 6br the more it likes it. My groups got the tighest near my max load. I'm running 31.7gr of Varget behind a 105vld. Good looking gun. Enjoy the BR.

Hard to beat a 6BR!I like that stock better than most I see!Good choice on the action but be careful getting dust in it when shooting prone in the dirt.Locks em up sometimes.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sl78928</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a BAT action with a broughton 5C barrel. </div></div>
What twist are you using?