• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New 7-08 Build Is Done UPDATE!

flyboy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2008
State College, PA
Got the barreled action in the mail today.

Specs are

Remmy 700 trued by RWS Gunsmithing (great work)
Rock Creek MTU .284 barrel 8.7 twist finished to 24", Flutes done buy RWS
Badger FTE Brake
McRee Stock (love this thing, thanks to Scott)
Seekins 30moa base
Leupold Rings
Leupold VX3 LR/T (original MK4)

Went out and started load development and with powder charges ranging from the book mins to over max, groups were about 3/4". This thing is showing promise. Next range trip will be with actual loads for groups.

Range report to come.

DSCN0365.jpg

Re: My New 7-08 Build Is Done

Nice looking rifle,Im considering putting one of my rifles in a Mccree's chassis. Looks good on your setup!

It's too shiny to drop tangos. You need to paint it. And good choice in brakes. You don't want to detach your retina like that other guy with 45" 223 wind talker.

Flyboy,

Great looking rifle. I suppose this is the one that you have been waiting on. Look forward to seeing it in person sometime.

Looks good ,can't wait to see it ding steel at the range this weekend.congrats !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try H4350 and 162 amax i think you will like the combo. mine sure does </div></div>

That and a few other powders are already in the works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try H4350 and 162 amax i think you will like the combo. mine sure does </div></div>
This is the combo mine likes. I love my 7mm-08. Looks great now get out there and enjoy it.

And what speeds are you getting with the H4350? I'm trying to stretch it up alittle above what i think is normal.

Just built a 308 on Mecree stock I love it. Also like the 7mm08 round great looking piece.

Preliminary results are speeds above book suggestions with 162's doing 2750's and 139's doing 3090's and excellent accuracy. I haven't hit pressure with any of the load development so I'll continue to push to see if I can achieve 2800 with the 162's (fingers crossed) Yesterday I got a three shot group with the 139's that I promise looks like one shot. I'm positive I didn't completely miss the paper with the other two and there's no other holes. For load development, Its going pretty well.

Those flutes are hawt, reminds me of my giant 1.5" reamer I use at work every one in a while.

Update, Finnaly found a load for the 162 Amax's. Work up to these on your own even though its below book max.

49.5g H4350
162 amax
Coal 2.9, .050 jump
CCI250
Win brass

2796 FPS with SD's at 11

This load makes smaller groups than I'm capable of shooting. todays group was right about half inch, and I wasn't having the best day.

I also had a load of 50.0g all other things being the same that averaged 2865fps but I'm going to see if I can get somewhere between the two so I don't compleatly toast my brass.