• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my new 7 wsm benchmark rifle

jasonahull

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
everett washington
just finished this last night. it is going to be my hunting rifle.
it is a stainless lawton 7000 long actionwith a 40 moa rail, benchmark light palma 3 groove 9 twist 26in stainless barrel with 8 flutes.
chambered in 7wsm (Thanks Steve for the reamer.)
manners super light stock.
shilen trigger.
i painted the barrel, action, and bdl with cerakote oven cure milspec green
and auto base coat and mat finish clear on the stock.
i also didnt like the texture on the grip an forend (sorry manners) so i changed it.
total weight without optics is 8 lbs 9 ounces.
hope it shoots like the 308 we built.
thanks Ron, Jerry, and Barry at Benchmark Barrels.
SANY0716.jpg

SANY0717.jpg

SANY0720.jpg

SANY0719.jpg

SANY0718.jpg

Re: my new 7 wsm benchmark rifle

a-hull, sweet rifle. I have the same action for a build. Is your stock a 700 LA inlet? Also could you post a close up pic of the action with the bolt closed. Thanks Eric

it was for a remington but i glassed the bolt channel and recut it for the lawton, and for the side bolt release.

well jason with that 40moa base we better get that thing to the 1850yard spot and test her out soon. well see if she can roll with rons cheytac.

i cant wait to get it out and see how it does,
hopefully i will get in on the montana hunt this year and get to put it to good use.

Is that a Benchmark rifle? WHHHOOOOAAAAATT? Is that a Lawton action? HHUUHH? I said will that thing shoot 1/4moa? YEEAAAHHH!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hope it shoots like the 308 we built.</div></div>

It'll shoot
wink.gif

thanks, it seemed that the texture was too far forward on the forend and not quite enough on the grip.

Very nice! If thats your first 7WSM, let me tell you that you are going to fall in love with that round. Soon you will get ride of any other cartridge in favor of the 7. It does everything you need out to 1800 yards.

Nice looking rig. How far are you planning to take game with this thing with that 40 MOA base. That setup would make a wicked round on varmints that reside in the neighboring county. Make sure you post something in the hunting section when you finally take some game with it.