• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New 7SAUM THANKS to the Hide

Night Hunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
Cullman, AL
Well, I have finally gotten my new stick ready to go.

A big thanks to cz550 and ARP!

Specs. are:

Rem 700 long action trued and lapped,pinned oversized lug.
Rock Creek 8.7 Twist M24 26" plus break Chambered in 7RSAUM
Centershot Musclebrake 5/8x24 TPI
Manners T5 with Minnichassis and Badger DBM. 300win AI Mag
Factory trigger tuned 2.5 pounds
Nightforce 20MOA base
Seekins High Rings
Nightforce 5.5x22x56 NPR1
Camo by ARPredatorHunter

Range report will come as soon as I can get out there...

7SAUM.jpg

Re: My New 7SAUM

Interested in your range report and load data. I was considering a custom build in 7wsm but keep coming back to the 7SAUM as potentially a better choice since I'll be loading for it anyway.
Any comments on why you chose the 7saum over the 7wsm or other variants?

I bought it built but it was what I was going to build anyway. From other guys shooting similar setups, they were getting similar velocities with the SAUM as the WSM with a lighter powder charge.

Another reason was a friend had all the reloading stuff and experience with the SAUM.

I got some initial load data off the 7SAUM topic in the ELR section to start with.

Congrats man! beautiful rifle. I have my SAUM coming this weekend and shooting 180s and 162s during load development. I would be more then happy to share my findings if interested.

good luck and awesome caliber choice!

Night Hunter-
What brass are you planning on using and what powders are you going to try first?

thanks.

James

I have Remington and Nosler brass. I will use the remington brass first and then move into the nosler once we get close to a load the gun likes and start tweaking from there.

I have 4831sc and H-1000 powders with federal 215 primers and 180 bergers to top them off.

I am new to the world of "precision" long range and reloading so there will be a learning curve, but I have some buddies close by that are very knowledgeable about both.

I have been following the 7SAUM thread in the ELR section closely and got my starting point from you and JFComfort

25man-

I would be interested in your results.
Thanks!

Night Hunter-
Cool, sound like you have a good plan going. Let us know your results!

that is the exact barrel I put on my 7 mm. I am excited to get mine too. Nice build