• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new Accurate Ordnance 300WSM deer slayer!

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
Well I hope it will be a deer slayer, now all I need are some deer!!
laugh.gif
I just received my first rifle from Accurate Ordnance. When I spoke to David Walker about this rifle I told him I wanted a purpose built hunting rifle in 300WSM that weights in under 8lbs ready to go to the field. Dave was very helpful in working with me to ensure that all the components where exactly what I needed to meet my goal.

All I can say is, that's exactly what I got!!
grin.gif
The rifle weighs in just under 8lbs minus the bipod you see in the picture. I will not have a bipod on this rifle when I am hunting anyway. I will shoot it from shooting sticks or the tree stand rail.
wink.gif

The specs are as follows:
-Remington 700 titanium action trued by AO
-Pillar bedding into a Holland Signature Series Fiberglass 700 BDL Stock with Sims recoil pad in (Tan, OD, Gray and Black swirl)
-Brux #3 1-10 twist barrel finished at 24”
-PTG alloy hinged floor plate
-Gre-Tan firing pin assembly with alloy bolt shroud
-Remington trigger tuned by AO
-Talley one piece lightweight alloy rings
-All metal is finished in matte OD green Cerakote
-the scope is a little Leupold 2.5-8 VX-3

To say this experience was a good one is an understatement!! David and the crew at AO are turning out some awesome rifles! As you can see from the pictures below the fit and finish on this rifle is fantastic and I am very pleased with every aspect of this rifle.

mb_23_caLarge.jpg

mb_31.jpg

mb_30.jpg

mb_26.jpg

I went to the range this evening to try out a hunting load that I loaded up last night. I am shooting a Sierra 165 grain BTHP Game King over 65 grains of IMR 4350 and a Federal 210m primer. The rifle shot a .490 4 shot group at 100 yards. Not to bad from a lightweight hunting rifle with an 8 power scope. I am very confident that it will do the job! I’m sure I could squeeze more out of it if I tried but it is a little too close to hunting season to get into the load development process. Especially considering that I am heading to KY on November 11th for a week of deer hunting and then to VA for another week of deer hunting the following week. Not to mention I will be in VA for the muzzle loader opener this weekend. Did I mention that I love to deer hunt!
laugh.gif

I will do some more load work after hunting season and I will keep you all posted on the results.

Oneshot

Re: My new Accurate Ordnance 300WSM deer slayer!

Wow that looks great. I like the colors you choose.

That is one sweet deer rifle. Good luck hunting, I've still got a month before our opening day

That's a damn good looking rifle. My next rifle will be something like that. Nice and light but able to reach out and touch something if I need to.

Very nice man! I will have to second what you said about AO. they have built one rifle for me already and are in the process on the second one.

KT

Ver nice rifle!!

When David W. was at APA, he helped me out on 2 builds they did for me - he was great to work with. I'm sure he's missed at APA!!

oneshot976, we appreciate your kind words and are glad you are happy with the rifle. Please keep us posted on the performance when you take it hunting. We'd like to know if there is anything we can do better.

This is a quick shot I took of David when he was preparing to bed your rifle. The guy really is an artist.
mb_16_a_SH.jpg

One of the projects for this week involves modifying a Pierce Engineering action to feed from the new AI AX chassis AW magazines. Jason and David are working together to navigate this uncharted territory and so far the progress is impressive.

axBuild_openActionAW_a_SH.jpg

I'm blessed to be working with David Walker and Jason Nixon. They are both incredibly talented gentlemen with meticulous attention to detail.

Thanks again, oneshot976, for your business and for taking the time to share your experience and impressions. It means a lot to us.

Thanks to everyone else for their kind comments. It is appreciated.

Hope you all have a great day.
smile.gif

Mark

That looks great. I can not wait to shoot it if you let me.I just got back from the farm and there are some monster rubs. Looking forward to you guys getting here next Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1eyedjack1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks great. I can not wait to shoot it if you let me.I just got back from the farm and there are some monster rubs. Looking forward to you guys getting here next Friday. </div></div>

Shoot it hell, you can kill some stuff with it if you want! I am looking forward to getting out with you guys as well!!

I'd like to throw out one more comment if I may and direct it towards Darrell Holland.

During this build and a couple other similar lighter weight hunting rifle builds, we got to work directly with Darrell Holland. I knew of Darrell but had never spoken to the man or any of his staff until these projects. I can't say enough great things about Darrell and all the people at his shop. The customer service was hands down outstanding. Darrell himself helped me with lots of questions to make sure our customers got exactly what they wanted/needed and treated me like I was his only customer. I had his undivided attention. And after we received this stock I was contacted to make sure everything was like we needed it.

Just an outstanding experience. The product is wonderful but the folks that stand behind it make it even better. If anyone is even remotely thinking about trying a Holland (made by McMillan, of course) stock or any other product or service offered by Darrell, go for it! You won't be sorry.

Just wanted to add that.
wink.gif

Mark

Great looking rifle Oneshot.
The only thing I don't like about this rifle is that it's not mine. lol
Good luck hunting.