• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new APA build...update range report.

scottishtornado

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2008
Salem, Oregon
Big brown dropped this off from Jered and the crew over at APA today.

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

Fit and finish is awesome. Way happy how it turned out.
Specs:
Trued Remington long action
APA bolt knob
Kreiger 7mm AMU 8.5tw fluted barrel chambered for 280 remington
Desert camo Mcmillan A-5 adj stock
APA lil bastard brake
Bedded by APA and ceracoated.
Nightforce 5.5-22x50 scope with burris xtr rings.

Mac

Re: APA build

shocked.gif

Dead sexy right there. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots! No doubt very well coming from APA...

... but it does need some low Seekins rings...
wink.gif

Yes indeed very hot looking
maybe in july when it stops raining we can go try my new targets out

Sweeeeet.
I'm waiting on an almost twin to this one chambered for the Creedmoor.

Nice looking stick. I can't wait til i get my rifle back from Jered and the crew at APA. They do killer work. Let us know how great it shoots.

Kevin

Very nice rifle! Jared does some nice work.

Re: My new APA build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottishtornado</div><div class="ubbcode-body">chambered for 280 remington

</div></div>Chiller^^^

I had the pleasure of pulling the trigger on this beauty a few times last night. Extremely pleasant to shoot, almost no recoil to speak of. Between the weight, the little bastard brake, and the mild cartridge, it hardly moves. Also looks even better in person.

... I expect it will be the rifle to beat this summer in our little shoots, if the dude behind the trigger can drive it...
wink.gif

Great looking gun and even better range report. That gun defiantly fits the bill of overall package from what your saying
smile.gif

Another gem from APA. I really like your chamber choice - the 280 is a great one.

Be sure to give us a range report when you can.

thanks,
Jason

Be looking for a range report on this one. Great caliber and very cool rifle.

Hopefully range report this weekend, just got the dies in tonight.
Took her out last night with some remington hunting box ammo to break in the barrel and roughly zero the rifle.
Like AJbello said their is next to no recoil and could spot my shots easily at 100 yards. Had A.J shoot some broken up clay fragments at 200 yards and everytime he was on the money holding dead on with a 100yard zero with no come ups. Not too shabby with cheap factory ammo and I am looking forward to see what she does with some handloads.

Mac

In the last picture it looks heavy enough that the bipod is denting your hood... is that an optical illusion?

Sweet looking rifle. Jered and the APA produce exceptional toys. Best of luck with her.

Here's a short video I took of it the other night at the range. APA Little Bastard brake at work... look at the tip of the barrel in relation to the concrete line in the background. It literally doesn't move.

Damn that lil bastard works. Looks great, almost no recoil. Doesn't sound too loud on the video either. Congrats on a nice rig.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I went out this weekend and did some load development and with 162 A-max and found 54.3g of 4831 put 5 rounds into a 1/2 group. I need to tweek the coal and load by a 10th or 2 but so far she is looking good at 100yards. Need to get her out soon and test the group at 300+.

Mac

Re: My new APA build....range report

I headed down the range today, took some video of the non- existant recoil.

Check out 46secs at the brake and you will see some muzzle flash as the rifle hardly moves.

Also here is some of the groups I shot. This rifle is way capable of shooting 1/4 - 1/2 moa but this was the best I could do with my failing eyes. 1st group is at 100, 2nd is at 200 yards.

2011-04-09214228.jpg

2011-04-09215332.jpg

Jered and the boys at A.P.A built me a hammer.

Looks like you have a shooter. Have you chrono'd your loads yet? Just curious. Thanks for the report!

Going to chrono the load this Sunday and also lightened the trigger pull a touch so maybe my groups will shrink a little.

Mac

Very nice rifle. What does it weigh? I have been thinking about something vaguely similar for my next build.