• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New Bang Stick & Glass

Tai_Mai_Shu

Private
Minuteman
Just mounted my new scope to my new Boom Stick
wink.gif

I’m taking some time off this coming week and hit the range to see what this puppy can do. I can’t wait to get out there and send some lead down range. The following is what I have done and what is coming in for the rifle.

Base Platform: SAKO TRG 22 (.308)
Optics: Schmidt & Bender PM II 5x25x56mm
Scope Base: Badger SAKO Base
Rings: Badger USMC 34mm Rings
Muzzle Brake: Roedale Custom Muzzle Brake (Clearing Customs to Ship to the US)
Check Rest & LOP Spacer: Terje338 Custom Spacers 10mm Check & 13mm Butt. (Ordering)
Bottom Forend Rail: SAKO
BiPod: Rock Creek Barrels - SOPMOD Raptor Feet Bipod.

Here are a few pic's of the way it sits right now.:)

Mike

SAKO-TRG-1.jpg

SAKO-TRG-2.jpg

SAKO-TRG-3.jpg

SAKO-TRG-5.jpg

Re: My New Bang Stick & Glass

Sick looking stick. Let us know how she shoots.

looks good.

bang stck haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sick looking stick. Let us know how she shoots. </div></div>

Thanks, I'll post up a range report.
wink.gif

Mike

T.M.S. Let me know how the Roedale brake handles. Ordered mine last week but won't be able to use it till after X-Mas. Thought it would be a little unique on my TRG,
wink.gif
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RebelRouser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T.M.S. Let me know how the Roedale brake handles. Ordered mine last week but won't be able to use it till after X-Mas. Thought it would be a little unique on my TRG,
wink.gif
wink.gif
</div></div>

I have heard that it does not change the POI, it also does not kick up dust and debri when shooting. It's one of the best looking breaks for the TRG I have seen too.

Mike

Whats the diameter at the end of the barrel?

The one thing that puts me off the TRG, is the thin barrel. Ive just become accustomed to se short fat barrels on 308 rifles. But still, its one beautifull rifle!

Im interested as to how the rig feels when your behind it in the prone. With that bipod it looks like you will have to get your upper body pretty high to get it in your shoulder.

Reguardless, thats a beatiful rifle. Always liked those TRGs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the diameter at the end of the barrel?

The one thing that puts me off the TRG, is the thin barrel. Ive just become accustomed to se short fat barrels on 308 rifles. But still, its one beautifull rifle! </div></div>
You sure it's not an optical illusion? My TRG-22 measure 0.865" at the shoulder behind the threads, which is basically similar to a #9 Krieger heavy target barrel.

Was a little concerned to click on the link when I saw "bang stick"! Glad it only turned out to be a rifle.....

Nice stick BTW.......

Conqueror:

Is that so? It just looks so much thinner then the average barrels you see on this sight. Maybe its starts out much faster then the others barrel profiles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was a little concerned to click on the link when I saw "bang stick"! Glad it only turned out to be a rifle.....

Nice stick BTW....... </div></div>

LOL...Yeh, just trying to be funny....;)

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Conqueror:

Is that so? It just looks so much thinner then the average barrels you see on this sight. Maybe its starts out much faster then the others barrel profiles. </div></div>

It's more than likely it looks that way because the TRG barrel is 26" long which make's it look like it's smaller dia, just a thought.

Mike