• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new build by Old Lodge Armory

Sniper52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
Boones Mill, VA
Here are a few quick pics of the work of art Mark Williams (triple 6) of Old Lodge Armory built for me. It shoots as well as it looks too. I'll post a range report after I get the load worked up. But with 168 FGMM groups at 300 yards were 1.9", 1.7" and 1.1" with a 8 mph cross wind and me behind the rifle.

Specs:

.308 Win
Rem 700 action
Schneider 1 in 11 twist 22" OAL.
Badger oversized recoil lug
McM A4 fully adjustable
Badger M5
Badger EFR
Badger 30 MOA Base
Surefire Break

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Can't thank you enough Mark.

Re: My new build by Old Lodge Armory

Sweet rig!!!! just an odd question what is that tan string tied to the front scope mount?
I would say thats much better than Pretty Good Accuracy. Bravo!

The string is 550 cord that I ran into the cap of the USO anti-cant level so I don't loose the cap in the field. I tend to loose stuff it it is not attached. JAA

Yep, you are correct, right handed bolt and lefty shooter. I have used right handed bolt's all my life and that is what works best for me. I had a lefty and sold it to build this one. JAA

Ever think about a right bolt left port action to keep ejected brass out of your face?

Never had a problem with brass in my face on bolt actions, only on old AR's with no brass deflector and HK's. I am a creature of habit, I guess. Train with something long enough and anything different just won't seam right. JAA

How do you like that Surefire? Mine is at the smith right now and can't wait to get it back... Also have you chrono'd it yet?

#1 The stock pack is a SKD Tactical. Here is the link:
http://www.skdtac.com/BALS_MK_2_Sniper_Bean_Bag_p/bal.602.htm

#2 I love the surefire, this is the second rifle I have had with this break. They are really affective. This rifle recoils like a 223.

#3 I have not had a chance to chrono it yet. Wanted to today but did not get the chance. Hope to soon though. I should get about 2700 fps with my hand loads. At least that is what I am shooting for. JAA

beautiful rifle. Mark is starting on my rifle next! I am building a very similar gun....I hope it shoots as well as yours!

pinkMist, I had a chance to go to the range a chrono the rifle yesterday. With my hand load I was getting an average of 2629 fps. I don't have any pressure signs so I will go up on the powder charge and see if I can get to 2700. It will also depend on what shoots the best. It seems to like 168's a bit better than 175's but I won't count out the 175's until I do some more testing. JAA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, you are correct, right handed bolt and lefty shooter. I have used right handed bolt's all my life and that is what works best for me. I had a lefty and sold it to build this one. JAA </div></div>

Nice rifle. I'm a lefty that thought it was stupid to own a right hand rifle. For deer hunting I still prefer a lefty bolt but for EVERYTHING else righty works for me. From the bench or prone it really makes sense. I was shooting my LH Savage .223 from the bench recently and it felt absolutely odd compared to my RH 700 and Annie .22.

Thanks for the good words guys. 52, do you have any Lake City brass? Try 42.2gr of IMR4064 in it, that might get you close to 2,700fps.

I don't have any LC Brass. Everything I have is Federal. I am still working up a load have been trying to figure this one out for the last two days. Headed to the range again today. I am not getting any pressure signs and I am up to 44.0 Grains of Varget. But my SD is around 16, and I don't know if my chrono is off or what but one time I'll get 2588 fps average with the first five then with the same load I'll get 2638 fps average with the next five. I may have to switch powders but I am hoping not. I have a ton of Varget.

Accuracy is good with every load so far, under 1/2 MOA. I'll post some pics when I figure this thing out. JAA