• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New Build Is Complete

Center Mass

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2008
Pa
It's been a long time coming but it's complete.

Had a switch barrel 7mm WSM/.308 Win built (pics with 7wsm barrel). Almost everything but the action was purchased from fellow hide members, thanks guys.

All the smithing was done by Tony Veronesi of Seminole, Pa. Tony's a Class 3 dealer and a great guy who is easy to talk to and deal with.

Video007.jpg

Video003.jpg

Video002.jpg

Video008.jpg

Video006.jpg

Here's some specs as best as I can remember,

Remington 700 S/A (was a PSS)
Manners T2A
Badger M5
7mm barrel is a 24" Schneider #7, 1:9 twist
.308 barrel is a 20" Rock Creek #7, 1:11.25 twist
Badger 30 MOA base and rings
U.S. Optics SN3 EREK Mil and Gap Mil scale ill. ret.
TIS Quick Cuff sling and Harris SL bipod.

Nice weather or not, as soon as I get some rounds loaded and some time, I'm gonna hit the range for some load development.

CM

Re: My New Build Is Complete

Thanks SD. I can't wait to stretch her legs to 1000yds. I think this rifle will make it easy.

Homeless,
I turned that knob on my lathe. It was something different and I was bored. I put one on a spare action I have laying around too.

CM

Very nice!

You do know you have the sling backwards
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do know you have the sling backwards
blush.gif
</div></div>

Maybe he's built like a fireplug with unusually long forearms
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!

You do know you have the sling backwards
blush.gif
</div></div>

Actually, no, I didn't was backwards, but I do now
smile.gif

I've never used one of these before, only service rifle slings. It's gonna take a little getting used to but I'm sure it will work well.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

CM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alien319</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet stick, I agree, the barrel looks nice. Are you going to paint that or dura coat it?</div></div>
I'm not sure of the finish yet. I am still doing research to find out what finish would hold up the best. Since it's a switch barrel, I don't want a ring around the barrel from spinning them on and off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Who knows, maybe I'll just leave it as is. I kinda like it this way.

CM

Looks good. I like the huge barrel.

It's a manners T2 for future reference.

Hmmmm so you got it all together now. Looking good. It was all in pieces last time I got to fondle all those goodies! So when we going shooting?? You'll have to let me know what the scoop was on that little issue as well. So does anything on that rifle belong to me??? I mean I wouldn't want your wife to think anything that would otherwise land you in the doghouse!!

Very nice! Mine should be similar, except for the scope and the whole barreled action should be black.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9secondsflat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you say switch bbl, it still needs to be (excuse the non gunsmith terms) unscrewed, and the new one screwed into the reciever and head spaced... </div></div>
With the face of the receiver, recoil lug, and barrel shoulder machine perfectly flat and true on everything, the barrels "snap in" by hand and do not need to be head spaced. Then you just snug it up (not torque) with an action wrench and you're gtg.

If you torqued them every time, the threads would wear faster or stretch to cause increased head space.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jjm84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmm so you got it all together now. Looking good. It was all in pieces last time I got to fondle all those goodies! So when we going shooting?? You'll have to let me know what the scoop was on that little issue as well. So does anything on that rifle belong to me??? I mean I wouldn't want your wife to think anything that would otherwise land you in the doghouse!!</div></div>

No Jim, you didn't buy any of these parts for me (to keep it off the wife's radar). We'll get out on the range soon I hope. Just as soon as the snow quits blowing at 20mph+.

CM, your not the first to install backwards. My instructions are not as good as they should be. If you have any problems just give me a call and I will walk you through it. 510-919-7286

I am working on instructional video that should be up in two months.

Sweet ride. Smith called me yesterday and said mine was ready for pickup and I can't get there till wed afternoon. I've been waiting almost a year for it and he calls on a day I can't break free. Oh well life a bitch.

Again sweet looking ride.

Tony is a well kept secret. He has done some great work for me in the past. Nice stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In2b8u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tony is a well kept secret. He has done some great work for me in the past. Nice stick. </div></div>
Oops, Maybe I shouldn't have let the secret out!

CM

Nice looking rifle Center Mass, I will be very interested in your load data as I'm having a 7 WSM built myself.