• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my new custom bipod feet

nmntz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
terrebonne, or
Let me know what ya guys think, hunting out here is either in mud, snow, or ice lol. so i made these feet to go on my bipod, they replace the rubber pads and have a castle style claw on the bottom of them. tell me what ya guys think, im about to go paint them olive drab
smile.gif
2010-03-16102540.jpg

2010-03-16102528.jpg

Re: my new custom bipod feet

Nice, but for the mud, some skids with "teeth" on the bottom would be great.

I know that my regular feet sink in the mud, just thinking this would be the same, now for ice, I think it's a decent design (coming from a guy who doesn't see much ice).

For marshy stuff, I think something like you made, but that looked like skis would be better.

Nice job though.

hey good ideas man, i think im gonna make some with gnarly teeth on it. I get bored sometimes and just start making stuff on the lathe on my days off work.

Well, we all don't have cool machines to work with when we get bored, only pencil and paper.....

lol i actually went and bought a small milling machine/ lathe about 5 years ago. Within 2 months it paid for itself by making custom harley parts lol. it was cheap too but they had a good warranty, i paid like 700 from harbor freight, and surprisingly they didnt give me any crap when they had to replace it a year and a half later after i burnt the motor up on it. no questions asked just loaded a new one in the truck and took the old one out.

Thats good to know about their customer service, so did you have to take a class to learn how to use the lathe? I'm only 16 so bear with me.....

nope, i just started with a chunk of aluminum and made a ton of shavings lol. it took awhile to get handy but ive been building bikes since i was 16 and now am 28 so i know alot of general fabrication

Well, it looks so, keep up the good work!!

I've thought about getting something and making my own aluminum stocks and such.

Looks good but...you scratched the table. You're in hot water now!

haha, thats a good thing i dont live with the ex now. Now its just me and my 19 month old daughter
smile.gif
she doesnt care if i scratch my table lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rezmedic54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here'a my Bipod feet.
HPIM0991.jpg

Let me know if you'd like a set as I do have them for sale. </div></div>

Wow, those things look mean. How much you sell them for?

has anyone tried a golf shoe soft spike for grass?

There $107.00 plus shipping. Thats with all the hardware to mount them. The tricky part is capturing the spring if your bipod legs are spring loaded but it can be done. Let me know as I need a few days to get them together and ship them out. Thanks for the interest. By the way they work great once you setup they don't move around so you have to setup again.

Ahhh .. so your the guy who make's 'em. I saw your Pod Claws when I was searching around last week for a solution to a prob. Nice idea, execution looks excellent. Will probably get some for the new rifle.

Golf spikes ... I never thought of that one. I have a couple pairs of soft spiked shoes not getting any use.
laugh.gif
I might try that for shitzandgiggles.

hmm yah i saw those from phoenix tactical. There definitely cool as heck. They actually make some that are 97.00 but black. There were some different but cool looking products there sobr.

The only person that makes the Pod Claw footings for Phoenix Tactical is us at Phoenix Tactical www.phoenixtactical.com.
The black Claws are on their way back in stock.
The Mil Spec Claws and MOUT rubber footings are in stock either here or through our Dealer network.
We do have "rubber spike" footings that we have been playing around with for quite some time now. We just haven't released them since SHOT.
If you have any questions I'd be happy to help out.

Thank you,

uh oh, so did someone fib a little on the internet? lol. o well. so i guess ill give cheese the credit on those looking cool and not rez. Anyways back to what i was originally saying b4 someone stepped in and claimed fame to something they didnt have anything to do with............ Im gonna start a spiked set probably tonight after work and see how they work out, probly a 2 piece that threads in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only person that makes the Pod Claw footings for Phoenix Tactical is us at Phoenix Tactical www.phoenixtactical.com.
</div></div>

That's what I thought.......and why I asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rezmedic54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here'a my Bipod feet.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Rezmedic54/HPIM0991.jpg
Let me know if you'd like a set as I do have them for sale. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rezmedic54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There $107.00 plus shipping. Thats with all the hardware to mount them. The tricky part is capturing the spring if your bipod legs are spring loaded but it can be done. Let me know as I need a few days to get them together and ship them out. Thanks for the interest. By the way they work great once you setup they don't move around so you have to setup again. </div></div>

In light of the above post, I think the guy from the rez is in an interesting position.

Sorry for responding to rezmedic's hijack, I had to ask about his post.

No I don't make them but do sell them. And by mine they are mine I bought them just like anyone else. I have a business in Maricopa, AZ. I never said I made them. I also found Scott on the INTERNET He's a stand up guy from my dealings with him. I can tell you from using them on my .308 that they do work and it's money well spent. I am sorry if it came across as I made them that was not my intension.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and good to know there's a (somewhat) local vendor.
The "my bipod feet" as opposed to something like "what I carry" or "what I run and sell" came across differently.