• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new dog zapper

glock10mmman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Andover Kansas
www.ar15armory.com
I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse today so see if by chance anything was left. They had this little beauty still there. Got 10% off it and am so pleased. Remington 700 VSF blued 26" in 223. Has a factory bedded and floated tan HS Precision stock with heavy palm swell.

Got it it home and started putting shit on it. Started with an EWG 20 MOA base, Seekings 30mm medium rings, Super Sniper 16x fixed, Blackhawk scope cover and with muzzle guard (these are a must). Ordered another Eagle stock pouch to dress it up and give me some lift. Installed the ARD kill flash on the bell, sunshade and front Butler Creek cap. Still waiting on the rears to come in.

I dont have time for custom work before an upcomming up hunt so it will have to wait. Gotta get another Badger Bolt knob install, bed the action and possibly have it threaded and break installed.

Here it is with its bigger brother 6.8. I threw my Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50 on it with US Optics 20 MOA mount, Burris XTR medium 30mm rings, and Blackhawk covers and Eagle Stock pouch.

I love bolt guns :thumb:

gallery_256_99_57774.jpg

gallery_256_99_47922.jpg

gallery_256_99_30786.jpg

gallery_256_99_15770.jpg

gallery_256_99_10517.jpg

gallery_256_99_35603.jpg

gallery_256_99_27452.jpg

gallery_256_99_40112.jpg

gallery_256_99_8942.jpg

gallery_256_99_7262.jpg

url]

Re: My new dog zapper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sl78928</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice rifles </div></div>

Thanks.

They are gonna tear some Prarie Dog ass up next month. Im guess the 223 barrel wont last long. Im pushing 3000 FPS and with 1500 rounds going to be fired over 3 days, It may be time for a custom job!

I have a 700 VSF in 22-250. You'll be happy with it. The HS precision stock is pretty decent for a factory rifle. If your taking both rifles just alternate every 100 rounds or so, to preserve that barrel. Unless you want an excuse to replace it. I've been loading up a bunch of 50gr VMAXs to head to CO for some dog shooting in June. I also take an AR15 in 223, and a 204 Ruger. Where do you go to shoot dogs, up north?

Nothing like splatting dogs.

I get about 3400 fps with 50g Vmax's out of my 24.5" bbl'd .223 ... though it's a custom tube ...

either way, you're good to go out to roughly 500yds with those 50g Vmax's ... but if you're lucky enough to have a fast enough twist, it's hard to beat the 75g Amax for long range havoc ...

Those are nice rifles. My 700 VSF is in 22-250. Not unusual to shoot 1-hole 5-shot groups at 100yd. My handloads are about 3650fps for 55gr V-Max

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 700 VSF in 22-250. You'll be happy with it. The HS precision stock is pretty decent for a factory rifle. If your taking both rifles just alternate every 100 rounds or so, to preserve that barrel. Unless you want an excuse to replace it. I've been loading up a bunch of 50gr VMAXs to head to CO for some dog shooting in June. I also take an AR15 in 223, and a 204 Ruger. Where do you go to shoot dogs, up north?

Nothing like splatting dogs. </div></div>

We will be up around Ulysses 1st weekend in May.

I have my 6.8 700 and this one to alternate with. Also bringing my 16" DPMS for fun too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock10mmman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 700 VSF in 22-250. You'll be happy with it. The HS precision stock is pretty decent for a factory rifle. If your taking both rifles just alternate every 100 rounds or so, to preserve that barrel. Unless you want an excuse to replace it. I've been loading up a bunch of 50gr VMAXs to head to CO for some dog shooting in June. I also take an AR15 in 223, and a 204 Ruger. Where do you go to shoot dogs, up north?

Nothing like splatting dogs. </div></div>

We will be up around Ulysses 1st weekend in May.

I have my 6.8 700 and this one to alternate with. Also bringing my 16" DPMS for fun too. </div></div>

Not going to wait for all the new pups? Takes more skill to shoot the old wise ones. Are the towns near Ulysses pretty decent. I'd guess so if your shooting 1500 rounds over 3 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not going to wait for all the new pups? Takes more skill to shoot the old wise ones. Are the towns near Ulysses pretty decent. I'd guess so if your shooting 1500 rounds over 3 days. </div></div>

Im a guest for the hunt and this is the only time (I think) that the guy can go up there. From what he has told me, the towns are pretty good. I think we have three to hit with three guys in three days he tells me 1500 should be a fair bet.

Good Luck, Hope you have good weather, and the towns are packed with dogs.

Let me know how it went, and how well the new VSF works for you.