• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new GAP 6mm Creedmoor

JKaiser

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
N TX
Just wanted to give out a few thanks for helping me finish my latest project.

First I'd like to thank Ken Lin at GAP for all of his hard work. I'm not sure what George is paying him, but I can assure you it's not enough. Ken was answering emails at all hours of the night.

I'd also like to thank David Whitson (737Shark) for his help. First time I met with David it was like seeing an old college friend you haven't talked to in a while. I swear we could have BS'd all day.

Last but not least I'd like to thank Andrew McCourt of McCourt Munitions. Andrew has got to be one of the hardest working people I've ever talk to. Thanks for all your help with the ammo and all of my dumb questions along the way.

My rifle started life as a POF P308 that was Duracoted FDE from POF. After talking with Ken I ordered a GAP-10 upper in 6mm Creedmoor 24" with Thruster break. I stripped the lower and David was nice enough to Cerakote it black for me to match the upper. I then traded out the adjustable VLTOR stock for a PRS. Andrew was able to send out some ammo to feed my new toy.

After doing a barrel break in this afternoon I ran my first 5 shot group. Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a great shot by any means, but I was surely impressed. With the break this gun has less felt recoil than my .223 varmint.

If you're in the market, I'd sure give the GAP 6mm Creedmoor a serious thought.

1165662acb380a9d745d_2.jpg

One little flyer was all me.
1165662acb380a9d745d.jpg

Yes that is a dime.
1165662acb380a9d745d_3.jpg

Re: My new GAP 6mm Creedmoor

Yep, who needs bolt guns when they make has guns that shoot like that

That is what I was thinking Joe and why I got the one I have now
smile.gif

Nice rifle and I agree that Ken, and all the people who work in that building, are very good people.

Had a few minutes this afternoon and took her out to 200y. Wind couldn't make up it's mind. I haven't had a chance to Chrony it yet to make any data cards. One of these days I hope to stop getting those flyers.

5edb21cb0fa353bce9ec.jpg

It's the same dime.
5edb21cb0fa353bce9ec_2.jpg

WOW, this gets the wheels churning upstairs. Congrats!

Dang fine shooting in the wind JJ!

Always happy to answer your questions.

Beautiful rig, and nice shooting!
I think a 6.5C is in my future. I need to decide to build or buy.

A very fine rifle, you have! Congratulations! And definitely, Ken must have more patience with people than anybody I know!