• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new GAP!

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
Thanks to George and all of the fellas a GA Precision. I just hit the range with her today and knocked the center out of a 1/4" bullseye with my CBS. Although I don't normally shoot groups I did a couple of them today (3/8" avg.) and it makes sub half minute shooting a piece of cake. I absolutely love this rifle and it shoots like a house on fire!!! Can't wait to start on some dot drills and stretch her legs to 1K.

Rifle.
- MCM HTG (sniper fill)
- Bartlein 24" (M40 contour)
- Seekins 20 MOA rail
- USO XLow rings
- Timney (2.5lbs)
- CeraKote done by www.sur-tacgear.com

Optic.
- USO SN3 (3.2-17x/Illuminated)
- MPR Reticle
- Ergo elevation knob

GAPM40A1002_zpsa4bc9e55.jpg

GAPCBS_zps6ceeac5c.jpg

Congrats, looks great!

You must be a helluva boresighter to get a CBS like that!

Thats got to be a good omen, dead center first shot out of a new rifle. Well done sir, well done.

Took her out this morning dialed in .5 and sent these 3 rounds @ 200 yards (1" CTC/ from prone with bipod & rear bag). I'm still a little rusty as yesterday was my first time behind a rifle in months. I sure do love this new sticK. Thanks again to the guys at GAP.

3shot200yards392013_zpsff12a173.jpg

Last edited:
Sumpter Steve
Got to love that stuff.
Congrats for a great stick, shoots as good as she looks. That CBS is awesome; clean barrel or fowled?
Ombre noire

Thanks Ombre. I usually clean remove the Carbon only after a range session and that was how the CBS was taken. After about 300-500 rounds I will remove all the copper as well but then you usually have to foul the barrel once again. Steve

Thanks Ombre. I usually clean remove the Carbon only after a range session and that was how the CBS was taken. After about 300-500 rounds I will remove all the copper as well but then you usually have to foul the barrel once again. Steve

Thanks Steve
10-4, same here so rifle always GTG.
I am also waiting for a .308 custom build but patience is the word, as I made the move not too long ago. These first few shots from a new custom are always an anxious thrill.
Have fun and good shooting.
Ombre noire

Congrats man!!! i ordered a crusader with the v2 action and i hope my wait will end in spetember!!! how do you like it and if you dont mind me asking where about in oregon do you live? im over in medford

Very nice stick. So few people get to enjoy this kind of accuracy and quality of build. Congrats.

Great gun Sumpter! GAP sure makes good rifles. I recently bought a used 2008 GAP Remington 700 308. Not was sweet looking as yours but seems to be a real shooter. Here's some target below. I thought I missed the 300yd shots so only shot twice (black on black and poor spotting scope).

r73B.jpg

r200yd-test1-sm.jpg

r300yd-test1-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will be stretching her legs to 1K this Thursday (weather permitting). I'll be sure to tag my Range Report onto this thread. Take care. Steve