• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns My new gun/knife holster

nock

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas USA
My new gun/knife holster; I had this Leather Man make me this. At first he didn't think he could do it but he did it and it works great; I have no problems withdrawing either, it does interfere at all. The guy that made it is so happy he is starting a new line of holsters; I hope he is going to give me credit for designing it. If you are interested on one I can give you his phone number and order one. I have no idea on the price it is up to him.

DSC06884.jpg

DSC06886.jpg

Re: My new gun/knife holster

Thats nice i like it... but how does it conceal? looks kinda bulky? or is it not for concealment? lemme know when you try it out

Well, if you use a larger than normal shirt you will not have a big problem at all because that is what I do. It is a 1911 pistol and the knife is a thin Benchmade blade.

It's always neat to see something different. Very cool. Wouldn't be my preference but it appears very functional and does what you wanted it to do so you can't go wrong!

i rigged up a kydex holster along those lines a while back, but i couldnt get it to hold up to constant use (knife sheath kept falling off). leather was a good idea!

leatherwork is nice, the idea doesn't do it for me. but i'm just not a fan of big fixed blades. i like carrying nice folding knives

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Palmetto Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i rigged up a kydex holster along those lines a while back, but i couldnt get it to hold up to constant use (knife sheath kept falling off). leather was a good idea! </div></div>

I tried things like that on my own but the leather man took his time and worked on it until he made it the way we were both happy. It works; I spent a lot of hours at the range drawing the pistol and knife from the holster and it has still keeps the knife and pistol in and does not loosing up at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">leatherwork is nice, the idea doesn't do it for me. but i'm just not a fan of big fixed blades. i like carrying nice folding knives
</div></div>

I understand what you are saying but it works for me and others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I carry 1 fixed blade, it's opposite my gun side. I personally wouldn't want both of my weapons to be really only accessible with the same hand.

Just food for thought. </div></div>

I understand but I carry two knives or more with me all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I spent a lot of hours at the range drawing the pistol and knife from the holster...</div></div>

While at the range, did you engage targets with the knife after drawing it from the holster? HAHAHA. I kid, I kid- Great looking holster! The leatherwork looks like it came from a high-end brand name. Nice grips too, BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CopperPossum</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I spent a lot of hours at the range drawing the pistol and knife from the holster...</div></div>

did you engage targets with the knife after drawing it from the holster? HAHAHA. it came from a high-end brand name. Nice grips too, BTW. </div></div>

YES and YES...I always pratice and hope I never have to use what I pratice.