• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My new hog feeder

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
We set this feeder up a couple months ago and I finally got around to checking the trail camera pictures from the past 3 weeks. It's in one of my favorite parts of the property down in a valley under a bunch of trees. I'm probably going to be setting up on the hills on either side of it laying prone on a shooting mat. It's about a 50-70 yard shot from each side. I snuck over there with my .25-06 Saturday afternoon and peaked over the hill and saw about 10-15 hogs under the feeder. I ended up dropping one of the hogs in the last picture. Might've been able to get another one if that stupid cow wasn't in the way! Once I get my AR finished these hogs are gonna have hell to pay...Enjoy!

feeder.jpg

feeder2.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0294.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

PICT0195.jpg

PICT0313.jpg

PICT0287.jpg

PICT0325.jpg

PICT0416.jpg

Re: My new hog feeder

That's nice to have daytime pigs. All of our cameras on our lease only show night time pigs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's nice to have daytime pigs. All of our cameras on our lease only show night time pigs. </div></div>

All of our hogs used to be nocturnal. You NEVER saw hogs in the daytime. But over the past couple of years we have started to hunt them at night so we see a lot more during the day.

I'm going to buy some feeder lights in the next couple months so we can hunt this feeder 24/7.

Neat...like your hog hunt plan, never knew you could condition them to be out in the daylight.

Got some nice bucks coming in too. Sucks we cant use feeders in CA, or shoot pigs at night either
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neat...like your hog hunt plan, never knew you could condition them to be out in the daylight.</div></div>

I'm not sure if we conditioned them that way or if it was just coincidence. But we definitely did see a difference once we started hunting them at night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got some nice bucks coming in too. Sucks we cant use feeders in CA, or shoot pigs at night either
frown.gif
</div></div>

Yeah those bucks are gonna be pretty good in a couple years. I can't imagine what'd it be like to live in Cali. I don't think I could do it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Duke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I reading your hog count right? 285? Wow</div></div>

That's the total hog count for our lease. My dad got 175 of those from the helicopter shoot in January. My cousin and I are sitting on about 110+. The other 9 lease members have probably killed a few this year, they just forgot to write it on the board, so we're probably right around 300-310 total.

Our 2011 total was 372. We'll be lucky if we break 350 this year. The hog population is WAY down from the drought last year and with it being deer season right now, we're not allowed to hog hunt at night. There's a chance that we will break last year's hog count, but I doubt it.

Haha I'm not saying that's not alot. 350 is a TON of hogs. But we can and have done better. There's a couple ranches around us that have taken 400 each this year. It's an epidemic down here...a very FUN epidemic!

Awesome set up. Contact Kevin at TEXASBOARS. He's got some great light set ups.