• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing MY NEW LONG RANGE HUNTING RIFLE/SCOPE COMBO

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Formerly I was using a 6.5 Creedmoor Browning X-Bolt Pro bronze Cerakote) with Talley rings and a SWFA SS 3 - 15 42 scope (mil/mil). A good combination for my mountains here in Nevada but lacking a bit in ft. lbs. of energy.

I'm selling that rig for an "upgrade", namely the same X-Bolt Pro rifle in 6.5 PRC and a Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 illuminated scope, same Talley bronze rings from the other rifle. The Talley rings have a bubble level in the rear ring. Can't hurt if I have the time to use it.

So this is my "ultimate" western long range hunting combo. Yes, I do have a .300 Win mag Browning A-Bolt but will sell it B/C the new 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro can handle bull elk out yo 300 yards. ("A man's gotta know his limitations.") Dirty Harry ;o)

Eric B.

Sounds like you know what you like.

JFR

I’ve always wondered how the browning x-bolt rifles handled. The PRC will definitely have more legs which would help make me more comfortable taking game at longer range.

P3141635.jpg
JFR ->
Yeah, "I know what I like"... until something new comes along. Well, it's not that bad but I wish "they" would quit making such great rifles and new cartridges so I could just stick to one rifle. (I think I'm complaining but I could be bragging too.;o)

Dale -> I love the design and feel of my current 6.5 CM X-Bolt Pro. The new 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro will have maybe 1/4" longer action and a 2" longer barrel with a gain on 2 ounces ove the 6.5 CM version. Not bad for significantly more power and range.
Since this model is Browning's top-of-the-line rifle I think they chose the best barrels. Their Pro barrels all get factory lapping and the Pro barreled actions are all stainless steel.

Above is the current 6.5 CMX-Bolty Pro and SWFA SS 3 - 15 x 42 scope with FFP & mil/mil. other are for sale together or separately. The Talley rings are not for sale. They go on the new 6.5 PRC Pro.

Reactions: JFR