• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns My new M&P .40 pro

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Just picked this baby up yesterday. I'm dying to take it to the ranges and shoot it. I absolutely love the trigger on this thing and i hope I love it even more once there is actauly a round in the chamber. Here are some pics of it next to my M&P 22lr which as of right now is my favorite gun to shoot.

IMG_9114.jpg

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9118.jpg

Re: My new M&P .40 pro

If you like the trigger now put a Apex kit in it and you will like it even more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">duty kit is like $89.95 the competition kit is $94.95 plus shipping
</div></div>

What is so good about it? Is is like a 3lb trigger?

Its not just the weight but gives you an overall better trigger pull. I'm sure someone could explain it better than me.

Id imagine it is less take up and reset too, pretty much how most trigger jobs are on handguns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id imagine it is less take up and reset too, pretty much how most trigger jobs are on handguns. </div></div>

Hm. Sounds good. I guess I'll practice with it for a while before I decide if I would like it our not.

It takes the M&P trigger and gives you a wider shoe then reduces the over travel to almost nothing. I can best describe it as a hinged 1911 trigger. It's worth the money! I like mine a lot, completely different pistol after the trigger kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It takes the M&P trigger and gives you a wider shoe then reduces the over travel to almost nothing. I can best describe it as a hinged 1911 trigger. It's worth the money! I like mine a lot, completely different pistol after the trigger kit. </div></div>
I have done some work on my trigger and the APEX kit and first thing people always say when they hoot my gun is wow that feels better than my 1911 trigger job. I wouldn't go as far as to say its better than the 1911 with a trigger job but it is the best pistol in its class with a little work and the APEX kit. I would never own a M&P without one. Great guns.

Sounds exciting. I'm also recieving a xdm 5.25 .40 bitone in a week and have been told to go with the prp ultimate trigger kit. Anyone familiar with that?

Those are some nice looking M&P's you have there. Smith and Wesson does a great job with that line of pistols.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longguntoter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are some nice looking M&P's you have there. Smith and Wesson does a great job with that line of pistols. </div></div>

Thanks.
smile.gif
I love them. I'm probably going to get the M&P 40c as well. I think they are the most comfortable pistols I've ever held. Then one downside to the 22 version is no backstraps. Just medium grip. Which is ok but I use the small on the pro.

I have the .22lr. pistol, and I love it...I've had no problems with it has eaten everything I've given it, accurate too. I've shot the pro and really like it also...nice pistols.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the .22lr. pistol, and I love it...I've had no problems with it has eaten everything I've given it, accurate too. I've shot the pro and really like it also...nice pistols. </div></div>

Yes indeed. Its so much fun. I just wish I had some extra mags for it. Does anyone know where I can find some?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">duty kit is like $89.95 the competition kit is $94.95 plus shipping
</div></div>

What is so good about it? Is is like a 3lb trigger? </div></div>

The Apex Duty kit would do little to improve the trigger on the Pro series as they come from the factory with upgraded trigger components.

The Apex Hard Sear would provide some small improvement and can be purchased individually.

The Apex Forward Set Sear and Trigger Kit ($159) replaces the trigger and changes the sear geometry a bit to give the M&P a trigger with less take up and a break that is set more forward, which is closer to a 1911's

On the XD/XDm, I like the Spinger Precision trigger kits much better than the Powder River.

just ordered my M&P9 today, unfortunately I live in California so it'll be 10 days before I receive it but I'm feeling pretty excited about gettin it in my hands

I've got a .40 pro also, Absolutely love it, its the best feeling pistol I own or have ever owned for that matter. you will not be disappointed!