• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New M41B Swedish Sniper

sport10990

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2018
Beaufort, South Carolina
Just acquired my 6th milsurp sniper rifle. My sniper binge is killing the wallet but this is supposed to be one of the most accurate WW2 snipers so it was on my radar. I put out a WTB ad and someone contacted me within a few days. We made a deal and I took it out shooting and was happy and extremely frustrated at the same time, more on that in a second. This rifle was built on a 1916 Carl receiver. The best part is the elm wood stock. Elm furniture can only be found original Swedes from 1915-1917. Some later could have it, but will not be the original stock. Elm was known for its beautiful color and grain and Swede collectors really love having rifles with this wood. However, many other woods were used during that time period, so just because you may have that year, doesn't mean the furniture is elm. The rifle came with the matching scope can and is import marked by SAMCO. Believe this to be one of the earlier SAMCO imports because the import mark is under the wood and they later went to the barrel where it was visible. The ones under the wood are usually in nicer condition because SAMCO seemed to be running on the bottom of the barrel towards the end. The stock disc indicates a perfect barrel and it is bright and shiny. After zeroing the rifle at 100 yards, she produced a .37 MOA 3 shot group using PPU Match ammo. Now the frustration. They did not think about windage when designing this. Windage is done by 2 fragile screws on the mount that work like a pivot for the front of the mount (kind of like a 1903a4 except the scope also has windage adjustment). The slightest tightening of the screws move the scope a lot. Many times, I have made my adjustments, fired a round or 2 and then let the gun rest and come back and its on the other side of the paper. Sometimes I will also adjust my elevation and then it seems as if that moves, but its not as frustrating as the windage. I have went ahead and ordered 200 rounds of ammo so hopefully I can figure it out before I burn through all of this too. Other than that, I know the rifle shoots extremely well, it is just the whole zeroing that is a PITA.

Attachments

• IMG_5577.jpg
    IMG_5577.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_5491.jpg
    IMG_5491.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_5494.jpg
    IMG_5494.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_5496.jpg
    IMG_5496.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5540.JPG
    IMG_5540.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_5578.JPG
    IMG_5578.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 197
That's a really nice looking M41B. The Elm wood is unqiue looking. I agree that the lack of windage adj is a major pain with those rifles, but they are known for accuracy. Glad to know the PPU match ammo shoots well.

Here's a pic of my M41B, which is an 1900 dated Mauser action. Not sure what kind of wood it has. I don't think its birch. Leather cheek piece came from UK. I have not shot it in years, but they are neat rifles.

Last edited:
That's a really nice looking M41B. The Elm wood is unqiue looking. I agree that the lack of windage adj is a major pain with those rifles, but they are known for accuracy. Glad to know the PPU match ammo shots well.

Here's a pic of my M41B, which is an 1899 dated Mauser action. Not sure what kind of wood it has. I don't think its birch. Leather cheek piece came from UK. I have not shot it in years, but they are neat rifles.

View attachment 7116405

Yes I shot both the PPU FMJ BT and also the Match which is a HP BT. The FMJ still shot well, but you could see the difference with the match line up. And its only a dollar more per box.

Both myself and a friend have been shooting m/41B's for years and never had that problem of change of POI. You have to make sure that if you loosen off one side of the opposing screws off you tighten the other side really firmly to lock it into place. That is the only thing I can think of that might cause that problem.

Congratulations! I had one of those several years ago.

After I got married to Lady MacBeth, I had to sell it along with LOTS of other precious rifles to pay for attorney fees.

A word of advice to younger men that are contemplating matrimony, unless she has a rifle collection as equal to or bigger than the one you own - RUN don't walk away as fast as you can.

Anyway, the accuracy from the military surplus ammo out of that beauty was mind boggling. Mine was built in 1942. Considering the technology at the time that rifle was a wonder to behold.

I still get tears in my eye every time I think of my darling Swedish beauty.:cry:

Mate, I completely understand! I too married a Serpent and ended up divorced and penniless! I've started rebuilding my life again and am MGTOW Monk and never looking back. Have been rebuilding my rifle collection of late, no one to answer to and I go out shooting as often as I like. Good luck with things man! Maybe one day you'll find another dream rifle. Best regards, S.

Mate, I completely understand! I too married a Serpent and ended up divorced and penniless! I've started rebuilding my life again and am MGTOW Monk and never looking back. Have been rebuilding my rifle collection of late, no one to answer to and I go out shooting as often as I like. Good luck with things man! Maybe one day you'll find another dream rifle. Best regards, S.

I've gone completely MGTOW and could not be happier. Some men can't stand the thought of being alone; without female companionship. With that thought...

"Better to live on the corner of a roof than to share a house with a nagging wife." - Proverbs 21:9

It's amazing how serene my sleep has become. Nothing ever comes up missing in my house. I can get up early in the morning, turn on all the lights and make as much noise as I want without the worry of disturbing the Cerberus.

I don't have trouble finding the remote control for the television. That sounds trivial until you've lived with someone who not only is neglectful but salivates with glee because you are looking for it. That bitch would put the darn thing in the dirty laundry or sit on it while I ask where it is.

I don't have to wear wolfsbane around my neck anymore! The reptile that lived under my roof didn't even have the courtesy to rattle before she struck.

I like dogs but they have to be house-trained. Those curs of hers got the most pleasure out of taking a dump on my side of the bed right beside my slippers. They'd also put their smelly butts on my pillow before going to bed.

The leviathan wondered why I would get a little perturbed cause the pillow smelled like the inside of the dog pound. On the other hand, she took pleasure at that as well. When psychologists write research papers about narcissistic personality disorders, they use her as an example.

With that said, life is not only good, it is fantastic! My rifles keep me warm from now on.

Like you, I'm rebuilding my collection but it's mostly modern firearms. At my age, I'm not into accumulating museum pieces for someone else to inherit.

I can spend as much time at the range or hunting as my heart desires. She would get pissed at me if I went hunting. She would get pissed at me if I stayed home. She's pissed at me just because I breathed the same air.

The smell of gun-smoke and cleaning solvents was never sweeter.

With all the talk of the quarter-bores in competition I wonder if there will be another wildcatter out there who can invent another cartridge that leaves all the others in the dust.

If I had that kind of genius, I would call that cartridge the 6.5 MGTOW!

We need pictures of the Swede. Has the OP given her a name yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 6cmShooter
Awesome! So happy for you. I understand about the remote. And yes my succubus too was never satisfied no matter how hard I worked or what I sacrificed. She too was a Narcissistic control freak and virtually wrote me my schedule for the week.

She had done the classic bait and switch and I was furtherest down the pecking order you could get. Purely alive to fund her life and lifestyle and be her property to order around as she saw fit.

I have been building a few chassis rifles for ELR and PRS as well as filling the gaps in my sniper rifle back catalogue (mostly replica builds but some originals).

MGTOW gave me back my sanity and I’ll forever be grateful to it. Guys like you who have lived my experience have validated it for me.

I truly wish you all of the very best in your future and as much fun and happiness as you can handle. I plan on doing the same and I hope to get some others versed in MGTOW philosophy to not make the mistakes we and countless other poor souls have made.

Kindest regards,

Stephen.
MGTOW 4 Life

HA!!! Damn, my ex was once described by a friends mother as "A DARK ENTITY" and there was a lot of truth to that statement!
But I got you guys beat (you didn't know you were embarking in a contest did you, lol), my ex screwed my best friend at the time and I found out later that she had a night with another best friend in a earlier time frame! I could go on BTW.
Our daughter did extensive research on narcissistic behaviors and found a "type of" that fit the ex perfectly, then emailed it to me. Scary... Pretty bad when a daughter can't understand why her mom is so f'ed up, right??!!

Anywho, that's a fantastic M41B!

I was sponsored to shoot a M41B in Vintage Sniper class during a BPCA silhouette comp. Long story short that rifle out shot all the other rifles on the line that day. They don't fit me worth a darn but I was impressed with the rifle in general.

Reactions: Longshot231
HA!!! Damn, my ex was once described by a friends mother as "A DARK ENTITY" and there was a lot of truth to that statement!
But I got you guys beat (you didn't know you were embarking in a contest did you, lol), my ex screwed my best friend at the time and I found out later that she had a night with another best friend in a earlier time frame! I could go on BTW.
Our daughter did extensive research on narcissistic behaviors and found a "type of" that fit the ex perfectly, then emailed it to me. Scary... Pretty bad when a daughter can't understand why her mom is so f'ed up, right??!!

Anywho, that's a fantastic M41B!

I was sponsored to shoot a M41B in Vintage Sniper class during a BPCA silhouette comp. Long story short that rifle out shot all the other rifles on the line that day. They don't fit me worth a darn but I was impressed with the rifle in general.
Compete away, there’ll be worse stories yet to come! I just hope some young guys stumble across these stories and get smart and realise the true nature of Wahmen and the court system designed to screw men to the wall and decide to NEVER marry or cohabitate.
My m/41B will shoot just over 1/2 MOA at 100.
They are an engineering marvel and no surprise they were in service for so long because it’s pretty hard to beat perfection!
Look forward to shooting mine again soon.
Take care my brothers. MGTOW.

Reactions: Longshot231
Couple things I see about this weapon:

know that samco actually had some really good m41b’s that were sold. But remember that more rifles were readied by the Swedish armorers than they had scopes. The Germans were on the run and stopped ajack imports to sweden after 2 years. 41,42’ (~4000 total) The Swedes did not have good scopes... aga 42 and 44... ehhh. — far inferior to German glass
My guess here is you have a m41b that came without the upper mount and scope (ie scopeless). Someone then put on a mount that was not matching to the rifle then (matched it ?) and found a real ajack Swedish marked scope-ain’t cheap. I have never seen the Swedes use a font like the one on the upper mount in your pictures. At one point, oddly, I had 9 of these. The base mount is correct, so it’s definitely an m41b sniper and probably is import stamped that way which proves is vs import stamped m96. I would say almost assuredly that the upper mount is repro or another non Swedish Mount not matched to that rifle. Then someone got fancy. The Swedes were meticulous about hand fitted parts. the windage is really not that hard on these, or at least it shouldn’t be that hard. To see if the upper mount is repro, take the rear ring off the dovetail and see if the walls are arced, if so, it’s real; if not (straight walls) then it’s repro. Reference to The Swede and USMC Sean for that info. The arced rear dovetail allows the windage to maneuver the scope seamlessly. If it’s straight then, no bueno. Also there is a screw under the upper mount that has to be loosened in order to float easily without ruining the windage screws (easily done but replaceable). One the zero is on then tighten the bottom screw which stabilizes the system for constant zero.
In terms of value: the samco scopeless used to sell for 7-900 bucks
Real upper mounts and ajack glass marked with Swedish proofs..1,500 bucks. 5 years ago rifle systems were 2-2500. Now 3000 plus depending on condition. Seen one sell for 7k last year.. that’s nuts. I hope this helps Andy

Classic firearms had a few come and go a few months back but they were trying to say that some were snipers when they looked like replica builds and some were being pawned as snipers that were ex-FSR target rifles. Those guys are mercenary. Sweaty Ben is an ignoramus.