• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new MKIIFV Stock

cwa11is

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2008
Azle, TX
www.wallisforge.com
What do you think? I'm not quite finished, so I haven't even fired this yet, but I'm happy so far.

mkIIPREV3.jpg

mkIIprev1.jpg

mkIIprev2.jpg

Re: My new MKIIFV Stock

Is this the same guy who did the 10/22 stocks??

Is that you?

It looks great

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMMOWASTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this the same guy who did the 10/22 stocks??

Is that you?

It looks great </div></div>

Yea that's me, but I'm not selling these quite yet. I haven't even fired this rifle and I want to play with it and make sure it works as good as I think it looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwa11is</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMMOWASTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this the same guy who did the 10/22 stocks??

Is that you?

It looks great </div></div>

Yea that's me, but I'm not selling these quite yet. I haven't even fired this rifle and I want to play with it and make sure it works as good as I think it looks. </div></div>

Have you ever considered making stocks for the Sako Quads?? I know that Don S. does make one and other than McMillan there is no-one else.

Cheers from Australia.

Excellent job, very well done. There is nothing like owning a one of a kind gun that you built yourself. When someone talks about a build they are doing this is what it should mean.

Dude,
That's nice! You whittle a nice piece of furniture. I'd just about go out and buy another Mark II just to use THAT stock. When you are satisfied with the overall dimensions of it, you think you might sell it without a finish???

You make some beautiful stocks. I love your 10/22 stock in walnut.

I have been waiting almost 3 months for a sharp shooter supply stock that I was quoted a 6 week wait. I am really interested in your stock as it looks like I may be able to get one quicker than the on I'm waiting for. Besides, I like the look of yours better.

You do that stock or the 10/22 model in laminated wood and offer them for the Mark II, and I'll buy a new Mark II just to have one. I really like the look of both.

Well done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been waiting almost 3 months for a sharp shooter supply stock that I was quoted a 6 week wait. I am really interested in your stock as it looks like I may be able to get one quicker than the on I'm waiting for. Besides, I like the look of yours better. </div></div>

I also was quoted 6 weeks and after seven weeks I called and they told me 10-12 weeks. I too would love a alternative.

Honestly, I would suffer with the OEM stock to avoid doing business with Sharp Shooter's Supply. They used to be decent to do business with, but now days they don't answer the phone, or do what they say they are going to do. I have flat out lost confidence in SSS.

Hopefully cwa11is will start turning out stocks and give us an alternative to SSS.

I would be in for 1..............wouldn't even have to be finished, I would take one "in the white." Heck......I am a krylon master
crazy.gif

Nice stock! I really like that. Custom work like this is always impressive to me, I like having something that nobody else does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent job, very well done. There is nothing like owning a one of a kind gun that you built yourself. When someone talks about a build they are doing this is what it should mean. </div></div>

That's precisely why I'm taking a crack at designing my own action from a clean sheet. I'm on rev 3.a now... I should probably finish it up and just build the damn thing LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be in for 1..............wouldn't even have to be finished, I would take one "in the white." Heck......I am a krylon master
crazy.gif
.</div></div>

+1000
Im going nuts with the factory plastic pos. My plan to buy the cheap FV and put a good stock on it isnt working out to well for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
+1000
Im going nuts with the factory plastic pos. My plan to buy the cheap FV and put a good stock on it isnt working out to well for me. </div></div>

I thought, "oh yeah, I'll just pickk up a better stock......."
It's turned out to be a major PITA for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us know when you start selling them. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dayphotog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us know when you start selling them. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

++2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebae09</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dayphotog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us know when you start selling them. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

++2 </div></div>

+3

My SSS stock shipped yesterday(ordered feb. 10), but I think Ill get one of these if they become available.

If you are interested in having these made in wood it is a simple process, you simply need a master to follow. There is a shop in northern PA (Michael M. Kokolus) that does excellent work and would be able to create a master for you. He charges by the hour for this service. His duplicating cost is less than $200 per unit if you supply the wood. I'm in the process of producing a master for 03 Springfield that I will have him duplicate. I could create a master for you but would charge for time. Or I could have stocks produced if I had enough pre-orders. Pre-orders would require a non-refundable deposit. If there is any question regarding quality of my work look at current post for Winchester 52 stock.

Looks awesome. You say you are not finished yet? Are you goind to put a high gloss finish on it or are you going to keep it as is. I believe it will look good either way.