• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new MMA/BJJ move!!

camomallninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
I have been trying to perfect this move for 10 years now.
I started back in 93 under Royce Gracie,Fransico Bueno,Chris Brennan,Joe winters,Greg Stall,Antonio Mckee, and many others.
I have was a ground coach for the Sabers in the IFL and teach till this day. I teach at a few locations "PUREMMA" is my brand name.

Thanks guys I hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e86Ux9lKsq8

Re: My new MMA/BJJ move!!

i like it, it keeps your base nice and solid too with being able to plant your right elbow on the mat in case you have to take a little weight off your knees to increase leverage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like it, it keeps your base nice and solid too with being able to plant your right elbow on the mat in case you have to take a little weight off your knees to increase leverage. </div></div>

Hm that's funny your the first to notice!
Yes the elbow down is key!

Nice! I will attempt to catch someone with that this week in training. Please feel free to share anything else as I am always wanting to learn something new.

Very nice...I will be trying that out Tuesday morning when I'm in my training class...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camomallninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like it, it keeps your base nice and solid too with being able to plant your right elbow on the mat in case you have to take a little weight off your knees to increase leverage. </div></div>

Yes the elbow down is key! </div></div>

Details, its the little things that keep them from getting the best of you. Good luck with your training.

That's essentially a two-hand control <span style="font-style: italic">gyaku ude-garami</span>. The style of Japanese <span style="font-style: italic">jujutsu</span> I have been studying for about 30 years uses that exact technique. My little, old tougher-than-leather instructor used to catch me with that all the time when I'd try to power out of a regular-style <span style="font-style: italic">gyaku ude-garami</span> until I learned not to let him get it in the first place. If he did, when he shoved my hand into my side, I'd try like Hell to latch my hand onto my own belt/pants. That usually works pretty well to hang it up, and then when he turns on his side to try the head step-over, you flare the leg out and hook the outside leg over his head if you're flexible enough. Doesn't always work, but it's better than nothing if you're in that position.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! I will attempt to catch someone with that this week in training. Please feel free to share anything else as I am always wanting to learn something new. </div></div>

No problem I am going to start tech of the week here. I ll be posting

Triangle escapes tonight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camomallninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like it, it keeps your base nice and solid too with being able to plant your right elbow on the mat in case you have to take a little weight off your knees to increase leverage. </div></div>

Yes the elbow down is key! </div></div>

Details, its the little things that keep them from getting the best of you. Good luck with your training. </div></div>

One of my BJJ instructors Fransisco Bueno said "ZUUUZZZZIITJU is about details"

That's cool! I had another guy tell me he saw it before in catch wrestling! From me it came out of necessity!

Necessity is right. It's fascinating how completely separate styles can come up with the exact same thing, all the way down to the details. It's almost like combative Darwinism of a sort, or a convergent evolution from different fighting lineages coming to the identical conclusion that a specific sequence is the most effective and/or efficient way.

The only thing is that now, because you posted that on the Internet, <span style="font-style: italic">everyone</span> can know about it, instead of things like that being a nice trick in the bag to whip out and confound people with who have never seen it.

Spoiler! Ha!