• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new NRL hunter rifle

Punkur67

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2019
    I built my first NRL hunter to shoot the heavy class next month in San Diego. Really excited to try out this match format.

-Terminus Zues action with QC system
    -Benchmark 6.5cm heavy Palma barrel
    -EC tuner brake
    -MPA hybrid chassis
    -Leupold Mark 5, 5-25 with H59 reticle
    -ARC rings
    -Triggertech diamond trigger
    -MDT CKYE pod single pull bipod

Rifle weighs 15.8#s for the heavy weight class.

I am shooting berger 140 hybrids at 2850fps that will give me a power factor of 399,000.

20220213_185419.jpg

20220213_185450.jpg

Last edited:
    Had to order a new barrel today before my match. This one would not shoot no matter how hard I tried. I found a Kreiger barrel and it should be here in a few days. Hopefully it either likes factory 140 ELDMs or my reloads because I won't have time to do full load development before the match.

don't see a laser or strobe lights , when you pick it up do you hear monks chanting

if not you should lol turning your rifle case into a music box lol

Had to order a new barrel today before my match. This one would not shoot no matter how hard I tried. I found a Kreiger barrel and it should be here in a few days. Hopefully it either likes factory 140 ELDMs or my reloads because I won't have time to do full load development before the match.
    Make sure to check all the fundamentals, scope rings, action torque, etc. That all looks like high quality gear, so I’m surprised you couldn’t get it to group. How bad was it/do you have any pictures of the groups? I’m wondering if something isn’t quite right with the setup. Does the barrel clear the chassis inlet fully, with a little space to spare? Good luck on the next barrel being a shooter for you!

Make sure to check all the fundamentals, scope rings, action torque, etc. That all looks like high quality gear, so I’m surprised you couldn’t get it to group. How bad was it/do you have any pictures of the groups? I’m wondering if something isn’t quite right with the setup. Does the barrel clear the chassis inlet fully, with a little space to spare? Good luck on the next barrel being a shooter for you!
    I was very comfortable and confident shooting it. All my other rifles are shooting around 3/8" or less. I even had the guy who won our local club match last month and my long range buddy shoot it making sure it was not me doing something stupid and it did not improve. I tore the rifle down and checked torque on everything and cleaned the barrel. Swapped muzzle brake, changed the chassis, changed the scope and rings (all the changes were because I was putting it in my lighter chassis with lighter scope to make weight for the match). Ammo was single digit SDs with 140 berger hybrids and Peterson brass. Definitely plenty of clearance between the barrel and chassis. Tuner setting 8 got some to touch and had others fly out randomly. No way a build like this should shoot this bad. I spoke to Joel at terminus and he said he has seen issues with other barrels cut by the same company.

20220221_122201.jpg

Thank you. I really hope the new barrel performs better than this one. It performs as good as a smooth bore musket right now!

Yeah, that’s all over the map. I’d expect a pattern if it was contact related, and you checked torque everywhere, and had another shooter try. You did all you can; good call on the second barrel. Fingers crossed it works out better! I have a few brands I stick with for the same reason after running into duds. I pay more, but they all shoot.

Let us know how the new one works out!

Reactions: Punkur67
    Yeah, that’s all over the map. I’d expect a pattern if it was contact related, and you checked torque everywhere, and had another shooter try. You did all you can; good call on the second barrel. Fingers crossed it works out better! I have a few brands I stick with for the same reason after running into duds. I pay more, but they all shoot.

Let us know how the new one works out!
    I will not be purchasing from that company anymore. Not sure if I am going to even call them because im not sure i even want to waste any more components if they were willing to fix it. I will be getting all my stuff spun up at bugholes from here on. Their stuff shoots great

I will not be purchasing from that company anymore. Not sure if I am going to even call them because im not sure i even want to waste any more components if they were willing to fix it. I will be getting all my stuff spun up at bugholes from here on. Their stuff shoots great
    I use them too, with Bartlein barrels, and they do always shoot. Good call.

Got the new barrel on today and tested the 140 Hornady ELDM and my reloads for the last barrel. The new barrel liked my reloads so I am good to go now. Disaster avoided!
    20220227_121221.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2022-02-27 12:34:34.976235.jpg

Reactions: RMS6

Just curious if you were refunded or credited anything for the barrel that wasn’t grouping?