• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new PCR .260 build

Donr13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2013
Gilbert, Az
Got my rifle back from Phoenix Custom Rifles this week and I couldn't be happier.
Desert is closed due to fire restrictions so I was only able to shoot 100yrds at the local range.

Build list:
Defiance Deviant Action
23" Kreiger barrel
Timney Trigger
McMillan A5 Desert Camo stock
S&B PMII with H59 reticle
Atlas Bipod

I have another month or two before my stamp comes in for my Thunderbeast 30BA.

Now I am no shooter but I was using some pretty dang good ammo today and as you can see by the pics below I certainly was able to meet the Tactical Thumb standards that are so sought after here on the hide.

ha joking aside this rifle can far outshoot my current skill level. Unfortunately I was not able to sling 5 shots together without one flyer as I am a complete noob but I will practice practice practice and develop some better skills eventually.

The fit and finish of the rifle is amazing and just puts my remington 700 aac-sd to shame.

The guys at PCR were great to work with and really helped me make this rifle happen quick.

As for the ammo I stopped by Southwest ammo and grabbed a few boxes of their .260 match ammo. Its nice having a local ammo supply for the .260.

Your shooting isn't all that bad. I've seen much, much worse from newer shooters with high end rifles. The majority of shooting is mental. Focus on breathing and trigger control. Dry firing between shots or before you get going helps quite a bit. You're almost there.

Very nice rifle! Enjoy!

Your shooting isn't all that bad. I've seen much, much worse from newer shooters with high end rifles. The majority of shooting is mental. Focus on breathing and trigger control. Dry firing between shots or before you get going helps quite a bit. You're almost there.

Very nice rifle! Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips. I can tell you now that breathing is my big problem it feels like followed by the trigger control.

I should mention I shot this in the prone position with the bipod and a single rear bag. laying on your stomach really amplifies your movements from breathing. I really need to work on this.

This was the first time using this trigger at the factory 4lbs, i am used to a bit lighter trigger on my 700 and my ssa-e on my spr. I may adjust this closer to my other guns for consistency.

Nice build indeed, relax your shoulder, pull the trigger straight back, follow through and don't take your head of the stock between shots. That should help a bit.
Cheers and good shooting.

I talked with PCR a couple weeks ago. They are great people and will get my next project as soon as I figure out what the hell I'm going to build. Your 260 turned out great.