• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new PRS build

Punkur67

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2019
    Just put my new PRS gun together. This is my second one. I learned alot with my first setup. I am very happy with this setup.

-Zues terminus action with QC barrel setup
    -6cm prefit Bartlein Heavy Varmint 400MODBB barrel for matches from @Bugholes
    -6.5cm prefit Benchmark Heavy Palma barrel for training
    - Triggertech diamond trigger
    - MPA BA comp chassis with full weight kit
    - ZCO 5-27 scope

20210612_103839.jpg
    20210609_213012.jpg
    20210609_213035.jpg

First round of load development went good. I am going to run another batch around 42.0-42.2 but i am happy with the velocities and SDs in this range
    Screenshot_20210616-100329_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-100339_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Just put my new PRS gun together. This is my second one. I learned alot with my first setup. I am very happy with this setup.

-6cm prefit Bartlein Heavy Varmint 400MODBB barrel for matches from @Bugholes
    - MPA BA comp chassis with full weight kit
    - ZCO 5-27 scope

View attachment 7650274View attachment 7650275View attachment 7650276
    What lessons did you learn from your first set up?

I’d love to try the Zeus action! Love the quick barrel change option
    I am very happy with how simple and effective it is. After load development on my 6cm I swapped barrels to my 6.5cm in a couple minutes. Zeroed that barrel that was very close to the same zero. Then I was was able to practice without putting extra wear on my 6cm.

What lessons did you learn from your first set up?
    1) My first setup had a CF barrel. This made it difficult to balance the rifle properly. I bolted as much weight as possible out front but the rifle was still ass heavy and only weighed 18#s. The new rifle has a heavy barrel out front and now I have way more ability to balance the weight how I want
    2) My chassis made it difficult to get the best eye relief with the scope all the way back. I tried to remove the folder hinge but that just put the bolt too close to the cheek peice. I learned to deal with it but I had to stretch sometimes to get a full FOV.
    3) I had a hard time finding a good trigger hand position. I had to ride my hand up high to get a proper 90 trigger finger. I was able to figure out a reference point to index my thumb on the chasis with the help of @lowlight in his PR1 class. This worked but I found my hand just fell in to position with my MPA chassis.
    image_1350.jpg

Reactions: geek65
    I did some more load development. I added 10 more shots from 41.6- 42.2 grains to the original chart. The ambient temperature was 15-20 degrees hotter than the original 5 shots so I may have got some variations from temperatures.

Second load data.JPG

Here is the 10 shots separated from the previous data so the conditions were the same across the chart for those 4 charge weights.

Second load data without previous data.JPG

You may also notice that I added 10 more lines to the 65 guys spreadsheet so I can compare 15 shots instead of 5.

I wouldn't push the 115s much over 3000fps as there is no need for a PRS rifle. You will just burn the barrel up faster. Look at all the guys running smaller calibers at 2850fps. On that note you better find a load soon or you will burn up that barrel finding a load. LOL ;)

I wouldn't push the 115s much over 3000fps as there is no need for a PRS rifle. You will just burn the barrel up faster. Look at all the guys running smaller calibers at 2850fps. On that note you better find a load soon or you will burn up that barrel finding a load. LOL ;)
    I am going to run 42.2

Looks good. My Zeus is so far my favourite action. I had the same issue with the mdt. I just can’t get comfortable with the hand position. My shooting partner on the other hand loves it. My mpa and krg whiskey 3 just fit better. Want to try a matrix next to see
    I would like to try a krg myself

I would like to try a krg myself

So far out of the 5 chassis I’ve spent a decent amount of time with and the 7 chassis I’ve shot with total the whiskey 3 is my favourite. I love the feel of the mpa but without an enhanced bag rider I just couldn’t make it work. Now with it it’s amazing too, but the whiskey 3 just falls into place, the hand position is about perfext (very nice on the mpa as well) the adjustablity of it is second to none with no slippages!! Very very pleased with it.

9FF812FC-A9D5-47FB-91EC-58DF8CDD3259.jpeg

Had an article written about my new rifle and reloading gear at accurate shooter. Pretty flattered that they wrote about the new rig.

Put a back up/ training rife together. I need to swap rings to my taller set.

- MPA BA comp chassis with internal weight kit
    -Vortex Razor gen 2 EBR-7c 4.5x27
    20211106_172051.jpg
    20211106_172117.jpg

Reactions: Matt_3479 and S3th