• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my new rem 5r

allen200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2012
Southeast Louisiana
I finally picked up my first precision rifle the other day, a rem .308 5r 20". Was so excited to shoot i put a few rounds in the hill just to get a feel. Glass is next on the list but will be a lil while before funds are available. Already have 20 moa base and rings. First mods I have in mind are a muzzle brake and bolt handle. I've been lurkin round the site for a long time now and enjoy the vast knowlodge and firsthand reviews.

Re: my new rem 5r

I've got the same rifle. Put a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 F1 moa/moa on it and it shoots like a dream.

Which brake are you gonna get?

I been looking through some nightforce scopes 3-15 and 5-22's. I had picked up a NF 2.5-10x32 npr2 last year and flipped it to get a bigger one but i'm really kicking myself now cause it would been perfect for my springfield M1A. Havent got to look through a F1 yet though. I thought bout the badger fte brake but recently read about holland radial brake so i want to find some more reviews.

Check out the Big Chubby muzzle brake by Rat Worx. My .308 feels like a .223.