• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new rifle is finally complete

lelandEOD

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2008
Now to just find a range in SE PA that has more than a 200M range.
frown.gif

I can't wait to try her out and zero the scope.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">blending in to her sub-urban environment!?</span></span>
P1050053Large.jpg

P1050062Large.jpg

P1050069Large.jpg

P1050073Large.jpg

Re: My new rifle is finally complete

AAC SCAR-H SD.

It also fits on my FN FAL.

P1040962Large.jpg

Cool lookin' stick...what are the specs/details of the build?

Hey, if you find a range that goes beyond 200M in the general area, let me know.

The only range I'm aware of is Quantico. I've never been, and I know others on this site will have a ton more information, but I think they host an open F class shoot once a month.

If you're interested, maybe we could car pool down one weekend.

Very nice stick. I am digging the camo but you forgot the scope ...........

Details please, also who did the camo? Very cool indeed.

Nice stick!! let us know how she shoots~

want to trade it for a poor innocent soul?

Im a right handed shooter and my younger brother is lefty. He says he is coming to steal your rig! We both like it a lot. Nice pick

I just finished putting an M40A3 together.

Nice rifle, Sweet paint job. Now as for a range that is over 200M in SE PA, NEW HOLLAND RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB NHRPC has a 600 yard range and just recently started Pratical and Precision Rifle Program.

Seriously? There are no ranges in PA where you can shoot long distance? I never would have guessed that. I have that problem here in communist NY.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

The rifle is a custom Cactus Weapons Systems .308 built on a Remington 700 LH action that has been hand lapped/trued, a 20" Lothar Walther barrel machined to run the AAC suppressor, and is bedded in a Manners MCS-T2 stock.
It runs a Rifle Basix trigger set at 2.5 lbs and sports a Badger detachable magazine system with ten round AI magazine. The Harris bipod has the cant feature (which I love) and an accushot monopod with the quick adjust feature. On top is a seekins 20 moa base and 34mm rings holding a S&B PMII 4-16x42 mil/mil scope.

Far more gun than my talent requires... but screw it. If you're going to do something you may as well go balls deep.

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously? There are no ranges in PA where you can shoot long distance? I never would have guessed that. I have that problem here in communist NY. </div></div>

Oh, there are ranges (Like New Holland)... just none particularly close to me here in Exton.

The paint is a standard Cactus Weapons camo job that does not exactly match the predominant terrain here in PA, but I hope to be returning to SW Idaho in a few years and had that in mind when I went with the paint scheme.

And that PM II is far too spendy for me to go messing around with a can of rattle paint!

Iceland....

I live 15 min from you and can get you to a 500 m range about 30 minutes from your house...give me a shout...

And here's one with my puppy just refusing to get out of the way...

P1050061Large-1.jpg

you jinxed yourself, just as soon as you say it's complete, you find something else it needs
grin.gif

nice rifle and pooch. don't know how long that carpet will stay that white, he looks like the curious kind.....

She actually ate part of an AR sling that I left unattended for too long in the living room...

I love her but I hate puppies.