• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new rifle stock build

McKinneyMike

Sergeant
Minuteman
Here is my new Russo rifle stock, just out of the CNC machine. Still needs a little detail and contouring work, but Joel wanted me to see it. Joel will cut and fit the butt with an adjustable cheek piece with Sitman hardware installed before I receive it. I think that it turned out quite well.

I also realize that wooden stocks are not truly "tactical" kosher, but this is not a tactical rifle either. It will be mainly for prone shooting at distance. Works for my style of shooting. This will be a single shot action.

my_stock1.jpg

my_stock2.jpg

my_stock3.jpg

I laminated the blank for Joel and he did his magic. I did not have a piece of wood thick enough for the build, so I laminated quarter sawn Bubinga in the center and outsides, while adding two thin strips of figured Anigre to break it up. I wasn't sure that I would like the contrasting color combo, but I think that it will work well together.

It is a quasi-copy of the Manners MCS-T2. I liked it better the McMillan A-5L as the butt hook on the A-5L will not ride the bags as well, if I want to shoot from a bench.

I am anxiously awaiting its completion and arrival to my waiting hands so I can get it ready for final finish. For the cost I think it is a no brainer vs what is readily available out there in the aftermarket world for wooden stocks. Plus I get to make my own wood choices!

Re: My new rifle stock build

Wow, that just looks really good.

Can't wait to see the finished rifle.