• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new Rig.....

shelpster66

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
The Gunshine State
Just picked it up this past week and haven't even sent one round downrange......sad...
This weekend though!!! Going to a local 1000 yard range and going to start off nice and easy makng sure it's zeroed and then maybe shoot out 200-300 yards. See how it goes.

Here she is...
img3472du.jpg

img3473x.jpg

img3476q.jpg

Remington 700 Heavy Barrel 26"
Chambered in .308
Bell & Carlson Mk2 Fully Adjustable Stock
Full Aluminum bedding
LI 20MOA Rail
Burris Tactial Rings
Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x50 Mildot
Harris Bipod
TacOps cheekpad

Ordered some ammo from Southwest Ammo and my mom (of all people) made me some range bag rests.
I think I'm ready to go put some holes in some paper that are (hopefully) very close together.
grin.gif

It's funny how excited my wife is about this rifle......
Range report and better pics by the weekend.

Dogg

Re: My new Rig.....

You are very lucky to have a wife excited about your rifle. You could be like the rest of us and have to deal with nagging because we want another part, reloading tool, or ammo. Next step for you is to start reloading and really unlock the potential of that weapon system.

Good luck,
Merritt

Thanks Merritt..
Don't get me wrong....she's not THAT excited...she didn't give me a bunch of sh!t over it is all....and she took the time to actually look it over... To me ...that's excited.

Already got most of the reloading equipment I need save for a few pieces, however I won't be reloading for a while until I have more brass. Ordered some rounds from Southwest Ammo, but not sure it's going to make it here before Sunday.

May end up getting some Black Hills for Sunday's shoot.
I like the rifle in your sig.....looks very nice!!

Dogg

nice looking stick. Its nice to have a wife not nag you to death . My wife purchased me my last rifle (savage 10fcp hs precision) total surprise . Let us know how it shoots

Nice agr490.....not sure my wife would go that far....but she is fairly tolerant of my shooting. My shooting buddy just got a savage....nice rifle.

Going to the range on Sunday morning, so I'll let you guys know how I did...

Have you used that scope yet? lemme know what you think of it, as i can see it has good magnification for a good price.