• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My new S&B 3-12 PMII

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
I got my new S&B from Hemiram347 today. Took it out and sighted it in and took a few pictures. It won't be staying on this rifle. I have a 40 look-a-like being build that this will go on.

SB1.jpg

SB2.jpg

Re: My new S&B 3-12 PMII

Looks good. Congrats.

Sweet setup Northland!!!

I just scored the exact same scope earlier this month, cannot wait to mount it.

I am hoping to find a USMC B634 Simrad for my setup.

I have a Simrad cap but my badger screws aren't long enough to lock it down on both sides. Don't know what to do about it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Simrad cap but my badger screws aren't long enough to lock it down on both sides. Don't know what to do about it </div></div>

I have a 34mm Badger Simrad (Not the limited B634 Badger released) I am waiting on my rifle build to be completed, I did not consider the Badger screws not working with a Simrad cap. Wonder if I will run into the same issue??

I also only have about 2 mils right left ony adjustment. Worried

Nice, I just received one myself yesterday. I don't have the tactical turrets though. I was surprised at how skimpy the instructions were and that they didn't even address the zero stop feature or how to use them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Simrad cap but my badger screws aren't long enough to lock it down on both sides. Don't know what to do about it </div></div>

Which configuration cap, B630, B634 or ?? Do your Torx screw heads sit completely down into the countersink area or do the tops protrude about 30-40 mils ?

If it's one of the Badger Simrads that were made a few years ago for the SH buy, the countersinks should be deep enough to contain the Torx screw heads and you can use the original screws that came with the mounts. If it is an original Simrad, I believe they didn't countersink them deep enough and you need longer screws (yes, I'm so anal I actually pestered Marty at Badger about this). You can see this on most any USMC pic showing the Simrads ... the Torx heads do not sit completely down on the front Simrad cap, while they are below the surface on the rear caps.

- edit -

Big pic is this USMC link. Look at the rear cap vs. the front Simrad and you can clearly see how the cap screws heads sit proud in the Simrad cap.

http://www.marines.mil/unit/11thmeu/PublishingImages/2008/080127-M-7747B-002.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also only have about 2 mils right left ony adjustment. Worried </div></div>

May need to spin it out or send it in. I had one that froze up with @ the same adj left. Sent it in and they just spun it out.

Good luck

ETA - interesting to see sand like that - not something I see around here.

K cool, glad there is a cure for the windage issue.

Sand? That's clay haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Simrad cap but my badger screws aren't long enough to lock it down on both sides. Don't know what to do about it</div></div>

I'm having the same problem with my Simrad cap. Were you able to find longer screws for it?