• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My new Savage BAS

Re: My new Savage BAS

How are you liking it. What type of glass is mounted on top? I'm thinking of buying one just not sure tho. Its either stick some more $$ into my Rem 700 or buy the BAS.

I am very impressed with it. Took me a bit to get used to the feel of the accu-trigger, but outside of that it's a great rifle IMO. My previous rifle was a DPMS LR-308 so this style of rifle felt right at home for me. That's a Nikko Stirling Diamond 10-50x60 w/mildot. Not the best scope in the world, but it has done what I've asked of it.

that is the first time I have seen one with a Magpul PRS...interesting. Let us now how it shoots.

Is that the 10 or the 110? I was debating between the 10 bas and a Remington. I posted the question a few days ago,and got about 30 answers, but nobody had anything to say about that particular model. Did it come with the Magpul Prs or did you put it on? The one I saw had the Command Arms stock. I have Magpul with the same monopod on my DPMS LR30s and I love it.That would be my pick for the Savage. If that gun came with the PRS and it's as accurate as the other Savage models I've been hearing about,I'm buying one! End of story!
Can't wait to hear more.

My choice would be the PRS stock as well on that model. I am now a fully tried and true Savage Shooter... with NO looking back.

Very nice looking rig you have there for sure... Congrats!!

DK

It's the Model 10 .308. I added the PRS as I had it on hand already that I took off a DPMS. I will tell you that the cheek piece on the PRS is a little far back on this gun for me, so today I made an extension which allowed me to move my cheek weld further forward. Savage accuracy is definitely there, so you would indeed be happy.

I can see the cheel piece being a little out of place if the stock came off of a .308. They move it back or make it a little shorter to accomodate the longer charging handle.
If you wnted, you could see if someone has an AR-15 version they want to trade, but it seems you already have the problem solved.
Congradulations. I'm jealous.

I was playing with one of these today at SHOT - how does the cheek wield work for you? For me to get comfortable on it would require raising the the cheek piece to it's max and then adding a substantial amount of padding to get it to where I'd want it. The receiver +rail is so much higher than the stock.

What did you do to the cheek piece on the magpul? I just got this rifle yesterday and the factory BAT cheek piece by command arms is terribly flimsy.
Im debating buying the PRS or buying a weaver base to work over and attach the factory cheekpiece upright. Now I see that the PRS cheekpiece is a little short in length. Can you comment on its rigidity though? Rock solid? Whats it made out of?

Funny thing is, I called savage, and they even commented on how bad the ACP was from CA.

If I go with the PRS, im debating coyote tan, and then getting the rail that comes with it painted that color too. Might look decent.

2 Questions about the PRS

If you had reduced the length of the square rod coming out of the back of the receiver would it have put the cheek rest in a better position?

Do you think an AR15 length PRS would fit this rifle with out interfering with the bolt travel?

I took a piece of schedule 80 PVC and notched it so that it would snap onto the PRS cheek piece then I pop riveted it down and used contact cement to cover it with black neoprene. Excellent cheek weld now. Its a lil tacky but works excellently. The PRS cheek piece is rock solid and made of high density hard plastic.

The AR15 PRS would be my first choice, but I took my stock off a DPMS LR308 I had. It wouldn't interfere with the bolt in anyway. Yeah, you probably could have a gunsmith/machinist shorten the tube but I wasn't gonna take it that far. Good luck and it is a great shooting rifle. To stiffen up the cheek rest on the factory BAT stock I took some black foam pipe insulation and shaped it and packed it tight underneath that that helped alot.

Boba Debt: Bolt travel shouldnt be a problem with the AR-15 length PRS. Savage also makes (or will be making) a Model 110 BAS cgambered for .300 win mag & .338 Lapua that is shown with a PRS type stock on the website. If the cheekpiece does'nt interfere with the longer bolt of the 110, I can't see it being a problem with the short action.

i was thinking of picking up a savage in 22-250 i hear they are very accurate out of the box need a good rifle for them yotes

Thanks for the great pics. I am in the same boat with needing the extended cheek weld. I have the same setup Savage 10 BAS/t with the PRS. The question I have is what was the diameter of the schedule 80 pipe. I am going to try the same thing.

you can also use pipe insulation for a cheek riser, not the fiberglass kind the foam kind, it works great

So where did you get the rear monopod and was it an easy fit. I have the 110 with the prs stock. I would like to try one out.